[1.0] Undocumented Breaking Changes

[1.0] Undocumented Breaking Changes

1. Removed the static Instance method from Ext.Net.MessageBox
    2. Renamed Coolite.Ext.Web.MessageBox.Config to Ext.Net.MessageBoxConfig
    3. Renamed <AjaxEvents> to <DirectEvents>
    I am still converting my Project to 1.0. Frankly, it has been a bit of pain in the back. The UI has been changed extensively.

Accordingly, it is not as simple as a Search &amp; Replace. You would need to revisit your UI if you have specified absolute numbers for Width, Height etc. instead of AutoWidth = true &amp; AutoHeight = true.

This is a bit of an issue.

RE: [1.0] Undocumented Breaking Changes

Hi Rahul,

1. The MessageBox class was changed from a Singleton to a standard (non-singleton) class. I wasn't sure if anyone was using the .Instance Method as I always treated it as more of an internal. Anyways, I'll add to the CHANGELOG.txt

2. Added.

3. Added.

Thanks for pointing out the missing CHANGELOG.txt items.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

RE: [1.0] Undocumented Breaking Changes

There are manu undocumented features in Coolite that I regularly come across, feel wondered, and then happy to use them. The server-side MessageBox class was one of them. I bet few people know that you can use this class' Show method to display a client-side ExtJs MessageBox, in response to an AjaxEvent or AjaxMethod, oh I mean DirectEvent &amp; DirectMethod.

Here's another breaking change:
    1. <li value="4">Drop a TextBox on form. Make sure its text is empty. Dont enter anything to it on the client-side &amp; perform a Ajax Postback. Check the TextBox's value on the server. It would be reported as null.
      In 0.8, it was reported as an empty string, "". I am not sure whether this is a new feature, or a bug.
    As a general discussion, I am feeling like the 1.0 UI is considerably slower than 0.8. I have a form with a very complex layout and excessive controls, that I migrated from 0.8 to 1.0. I feel a distinct slowness in the feedback of the UI.

To confirm this, I have mailed the 0.8 &amp; 1.0 code to one of my associates, and asked him to verify the same. I am waiting for his comments.