[CLOSED] Tooltip in chart series

[CLOSED] Tooltip in chart series

Hi,

I want to display tooltip in chart bar series at runtime(codebehind), Here is my code:

ChartTip chartTip= new ChartTip();
    chartTip.TrackMouse = true;
    ct.Renderer.Handler = "var browser = context.series.getTitle()[Ext.Array.indexOf(context.series.getYField(), context.field)]; toolTip.setHtml(record.get(context.field));";

chartSeries.Tooltip = chartTip;
    I can able to display tooltip as expected but other controls are not loading properly.if I will comment above lines then controls properly.

Thank you,
    Vamsi.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 17, 2019 at 8:33 PM. Reason: no feedback from the user in 7+ days
    Hello @vamsi!

Aren't you getting javascript errors on run (client-side errors)?

Without the actual context of your code I can't say what's wrong, we'd need a simplified test case. At first, I believe context.series.getTitel() might be returning null thus you're getting javascript error once you try to display any tooltip; then it prevents other scripts from the page to run.

Other than the renderer, I believe you're setting it up right. I just can't further guess without an actual code to run and reproduce the issue at our side. Can you provide a simplified test case, so we can reproduce the issue in our side? You probably can base it off the example: Charts - Bar - Basic.

On a second note, please wrap code blocks within [code][/code] tags, as it makes it much better not only to read, but also copy-paste code you share on the threads. I'm going ahead and edit your post to wrap the code blocks.

Looking forward to your follow-up!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello again, @vamsi!

It's been a while since we posted a follow-up here asking you to help us understand your issue so that we could effectively help you figure out the problem; yet there's no response from you until now.

Were you able to fix the issue by yourself, or do you still need help with that? I'm just afraid we can do little with the information you provided, but we're more than eager to help you make the tooltips + other content all show up and work correctly on your page.

We may mark this thread as closed if you don't post a follow-up in 7+ days from now, but we won't lock up the thread, so you would still be able to post a message here at your discretion.

Looking forward to your follow-up!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert