Upgrading from ext.net 1.7 and extjs 3.4

Upgrading from ext.net 1.7 and extjs 3.4

The company I'm working at is still using ext.net 1.7 and extjs 3.4.

I'm thinking to upgrade to the latest version but have concern it might be a big jump to do so.

Would you guys think it's a good decision to upgrade to the latest at one shot or maybe upgrade gradually maybe not the latest version first?

Anyone tried and success in upgrading from the oldest to latest version here?
    Hello @jenna, and welcome to Ext.NET forums!

Ext.NET does not support two versions running in the same website, although we have reports of people being able to run two versions in the same website with source code changes. If you can either "split the website in two" or modify the sources to allow two versions to run at once, you could do a gradual upgrade of the code to the latest. But that's not really supported "out of the box".

Several people here in the forums successfully migrated from v1 to v4 recently, so it should be as harder a task as complex your project is. Breaking changes are to be expected given the gap in technology, but I believe the end product will offer more opportunities for expansion, friendlier and modern layouts predefined, along with extended touch-driven and mobile devices' support.

Here's a recent discussion on what's involved and some tips on upgrading, that might help to identify and successfully adapt changed syntax from v1 to v4: Upgrade from 1.7 to 4.

If you search forums, you can see more upgrade related threads, they would be too many to just point here, but I believe the one above gives some good advice.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi jenna,

Upgrading from Ext.NET 1.x to 2.x is going to be about the same amount of work as upgrading from 1.x to 4.x.

Almost all the breaking changes occurred in the Ext.NET 2.0 release. Unfortunately Sencha made very little effort with the Ext JS 4.0 release to provide backward compatibility. There were many breaking changes in Ext JS 4. We tried our best to smooth out the upgrade, but ultimately we just couldn't handle everything.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder