[OPEN] [#1620] [4.7.1] Menu with UI attribute

[OPEN] [#1620] [4.7.1] Menu with UI attribute

I gave my buttons a UI attribute and it works great!!
    I am using Button with Menu so i was surprised that that my button UI attribute wasnt inherited by the Menu. No worries, i added it

Take a look at what happens at the Action button (with UI) versus the button without it.

i added a label so you can see what happens when it overlays it.
    thanks,
    /Z

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Test</title>

</head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server">
            </ext:ResourceManager>

<h1>Label Test</h1>

<ext:Button runat="server" Text="Actions (without UI)" MarginSpec="0 0 0 15" UI="Info">
                <Menu>
                    <ext:Menu runat="server">
                        <Items>
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test1" Icon="Delete" />
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test2" Icon="Application" />
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test3" Icon="UserEdit" />
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test4" Icon="LockAdd" />
                        </Items>
                    </ext:Menu>
                </Menu>
            </ext:Button>
            <ext:Button runat="server" Text="Actions (with UI)" MarginSpec="0 0 0 15" UI="Info">
                <Menu>
                    <ext:Menu runat="server" UI="Info">
                        <Items>
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test1" Icon="Delete" />
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test2" Icon="Application" />
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test3" Icon="UserEdit" />
                            <ext:MenuItem runat="server" Text="test4" Icon="LockAdd" />
                        </Items>
                    </ext:Menu>
                </Menu>
            </ext:Button>
            <ext:Label ID="test" runat="server" Icon="Phone" Html="test stuff" MarginSpec="0 0 0 10"/>

</form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Hello @Z!

Thanks for reporting the issue, and also for providing the test case, it clearly reproduces the issue!

In fact, the Ext.menu.Menu does not have a definition for its UI-themed CSS from Ext.NET's UI pack. I didn't further investigate, but there may be a chance it was not included in the available UIs by design. We do use buttons with menus in our example showcasing the different UIs available in Ext.NET, and they are nevertheless unstyled, that is, all menus receive plain formatting, without a UI attribute.

We've logged this issue as #1620, and will post a follow-up here as soon as we get this fixed!

EDIT: Basically you should expect it to be supported what you see in the Miscellaneous > UI examples in our examples explorer.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Dec 26, 2018 at 5:23 PM.