[CLOSED] CKEditor support

[CLOSED] CKEditor support

Hi Team,
    We are using Ext.Net 4.5 along with MVC. Could you please let us know integration of CK Editor is supported or not. We tried following code to render CKEditor in our MVC4 test application and CKEditor is not rendering. Appreciate your help.

@{
        ViewBag.Title = "Editor Overview - Ext.NET MVC Examples";
        Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_Layout.cshtml";
        var X = Html.X();
    }

@(Html.X().ResourceManager())

<script src="~/Scripts/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>
    <script>
        // Replace the <textarea id="editor1"> with a CKEditor
        // instance, using default configuration.
        CKEDITOR.replace('editor1');
    </script>

<title>A Simple Page with CKEditor</title>
        @using (Html.BeginForm("ckeditor", "Home", FormMethod.Post, new { style="margin-top:100px;"}))
        {
            @Html.Label("The Badboy Web Editor")<br/>
            @*@Html.TextArea("editorplace", new { @id = "editor1" })
                <input type="submit" value="Submit" id="btnSubmit"/>
                <script>
                    CKEDITOR.replace('editor1');
                </script>*@
        }

@section example
    {
        @(X.Panel()
        .Layout(LayoutType.Fit)
        .Items(X.TabPanel()
        .Border(false)
        .Defaults(d => d.Add(new Parameter("BodyStyle", "padding:10px;", ParameterMode.Value)))
        .Items(
         X.TextArea().Name("editorplace").ID("editor1")
        )
        )
        )
      }
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 01, 2019 at 6:49 PM. Reason: no feedback from the user (and community) in 7+ days
    Hello @MOHAMMEDRAFI!

The short answer would be "no". The CKEditor is not supported by Ext.NET. It is a 3rd-party component.

But it does not mean it does not work. In fact, we have some very old discussions on using CKEditor with Ext.NET, some really suggest it just works. But as a 3rd-party component, you are responsible for integrating it to Ext.NET. For example in the thread below, it was found something else is necessary in order to have the CKEditor's content submitted on a form submit with Ext.NET:
    - How to post ckeditor data ?

For being so old a thread, 5 years old, there's a good chance the solution provided there does not work either for changes in CKEditor or Ext.NET itself, but I believe it would be worth a try.

Unfortunately we can't really help you with issues with the CKEditor integration as it goes beyond Ext.NET support, but if you get specific Ext.NET issues you can generalize without the 3rd-party component, we'd be willing to help you figure it out.

As for the code snippet you shared:
    - well, please wrap it in [code][/code] tags for readability,
    - I believe the way you define the form block (Html.BeginForm) is potentially a problem, but that's a try-and-see,
    - you might need a read about this Razor Syntax concept. This looks to be a good blog post about it: ASP.Net MVC 4 - Layout and Section in Razor
    - you probably miss enclosing the editor within a section in your view and rendering that section in the layout file: System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSection()

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello @MOHAMMEDRAFI!

I took the freedom to edit your initial post and wrap the code block you had there with [code][/code] tags.

The reason I'm posting today is though, that it's been a while since we posted a reply for you here, and still no feedback from you. Do you still need help with the CKEditor issue, or could you make it work with the directions given? That's difficult for us to guarantee it would work but, if you had some progress in making it work and got stuck at some point, maybe we could lend a hand if you think something from Ext.NET is preventing it to work.

We may mark this thread as closed if you don't post a follow-up in 7+ days from now, but we won't lock up the thread, so you'd still be able to post here thereafter.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    I'm not the OP, but I am going through the same attempt to setup. I am going to take a look at the prior suggestions and see if I can get it working for my application. I'll report back if I'm able to have success in hopes that it helps others in the future.