[CLOSED] Getting "Request Failure Status code: Status Text: communication failure in latest version 4.5.1

[CLOSED] Getting "Request Failure Status code: Status Text: communication failure in latest version 4.5.1

Hi,
    I am getting error while loading data through ajax call into grid. For processing of data from database it will take approx. 1 min 30 sec. in that case i am getting error message: Request Failure Status code: Status Text: communication failure. (I am not able to close that box also).
    Below is my code:
     Html.X().GridPanel()
    .ID("GridOrderDashboard")
    .Layout(Ext.Net.LayoutType.Fit)
    .Padding(0)
    .Border(true)
    .AutoScroll(true)
    .Scroll(Ext.Net.ScrollMode.Both)
    .Height(320)
    .AllowDeselect(false)
    .Store(storeitem =>
    {
        storeitem.Add(
        Html.X().Store()
        .ID("GridOrderDashboardStore")
        .PageSize(5)
        .AutoLoad(true)
        .RemoteSort(false)
        .RemotePaging(false)
        .Listeners(listen => { listen.Load.Fn = "onGridLoad"; })
        .BuildProxy("~/AjaxData/GetOrder/")
        .Model(model => model.Add(Html.X().Model()
        .IDProperty("JOID")
        .Fields(fields =>
        {
            fields.Add(Html.X().ModelField().Name("dataid"));
            fields.Add(Html.X().ModelField().Name("status"));

})
        ))
    As per forum i have added below tag in Web.config but still i am getting above error message.
    In Web.config file
    ajaxTimeout="180000"
    in Controller side:
      [Ext.Net.DirectMethod(Timeout=90000)]
    but still getting error.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 31, 2018 at 11:49 AM.
    Hello @Mohammedrafi!

Thanks for taking your time to research the forums for the answer on the issue you are facing.

It looks like your issue is more related to the ajax proxy's timeout, as you have a store with a BuildProxy reference. But I'm not really sure where and how you got that BuildProxy() implementation. Probably therein you can set the effective timeout for the proxy loading, if that's the issue.

In the case of the listener, I suppose onGridLoad is calling a direct method somehow? You probably can set up the timeout by the time you call it, instead of setting global timeouts.

Unfortunately with the information you provided we can't get much further on assumptions of how to help you solve your issue. Ideally, if you could provide a full and runnable test case, we could pinpoint where and what you should change in order to implement the longer timeout you need.

Anyway, according to docs, the ajaxTimeout setting should have worked for you, as it is a rather global setting. There must be something else overriding the timeout in the lines you didn't share in your report. In this thread we used this setting to solve a similar problem: Timeout problem with page proxy.

If the above does not help, please provide runnable code sample having our guidelines in mind:
    - Tips for creating simplified code samples
    - More Information Required
    - Forum Guidelines

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thank you for your reply. But same code is running with 2.5.1 version on local and production server without any issue's.
    I removed the function "onGridLoad" but facing same issue. This issue's coming after we migrate from 2.5.1 version to latest version 4.5.1

Thank you.
    Hello @Mohammedrafi!

Thanks for the follow up. There may be some kind of regression or just logic that changed from 2.5.1 to 4.5.1, they're two major versions away.

If you can provide a runnable test case where we can reproduce your scenario we'll do our best to provide you instructions on how to overcome the issue, and if that's the case, we'll be able to understand what exactly is wrong with Ext.NET so we can correct the issue. But without being able to reproduce the issue at our end we are just unable to help.

I hope you understand, and looking forward to additional information that may help us be able to help you.
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello,
    I resolved the above issue by placing Html.X().AjaxProxy().Timeout(1800000) at BuildProxy method. :

[DirectMethod(Timeout=180000)]

public static Store.Builder BuildProxy(this Store.Builder store, string Url, string UniqueId = "")
            {

Url = new UrlHelper(HttpContext.Current.Request.RequestContext).Content(Url);
                if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(Url))
                {
                    string token = GenerateToken(Url, UniqueId);

store.Proxy(proxy => proxy.Add(Html.X().AjaxProxy().Timeout(1800000).Headers(header =>
                                        {
                                            header.Add(new Ext.Net.Parameter { Name = "Accept", Value = "application/json" });
                                            header.Add(new Ext.Net.Parameter
                                            {
                                                Name = "REQUEST-X-TOKEN",
                                                Value = token.EncryptHashBase64()
                                            });
                                        })
                                            .Url(Url)
                                            .Reader(reader => reader.Add(Html.X().JsonReader().RootProperty("data")))
                                ));
                }
                return store;
            }
    You may close this thread.
    Last edited by MOHAMMEDRAFI; May 31, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Hello @Mohammedrafi!

Glad you could find a solution that worked in your scenario, and thanks for sharing the outcome, we really appreciate that! Hope the directions provided helped you finding it.

We'll be marking the thread as closed now, then.
    Fabrício Murta