[CLOSED] Wrong Ext.NET 4.5.1 version (actually it is 4.5.0)

[CLOSED] Wrong Ext.NET 4.5.1 version (actually it is 4.5.0)

Hello,

when i download the latest library 4.5.1 from Ext.NET Download link, i am noticing that the compressed EXTNET.DLL version is 4.5.0.
    Is this a mistake?
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jul 28, 2018 at 3:40 AM. Reason: no feedback from the user in 7+ days
    Hello @Geovision!

I am not sure how you looked up the Ext.NET version off the DLL file but, I just grabbed a fresh NuGet package (off nuget.org) for Ext.NET v4.5.1, and queried it via Visual Studio properties and also opened the NuGet package's folder then opened Windows Explorer's property page for the Ext.Net.dll file, and all I can read around is 4.5.1.

Couldn't it be that you downloaded and installed the NuGet package, but referenced your project to an own Ext.NET build you might have done back to version 4.5.0? Take a look on the path it says for the DLL, if you're using the NuGet version, it should be pointing to your project solution's packages folder.

I took screenshots of the property pages, take a look:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62327-en451-explorerprops.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	25144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62327-en451-vsprops.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	25145

Notice the full path informed here (in my "Playground" solution) is: A:\devel\Object.NET\Ext.NET\git\Playground\packages\Ext.NET.MVC.4.5.1\lib\net46\Ext.Net.dll

Please double check the references, you can also run your project, open javascript console and run the Ext.net.Version command (query the variable's value), which should read "4.5.1" (a string). At the same time, still from client-side, you should get version "6.5.2.463" if you query Ext.versions.extjs.version.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello @geovision!

It's been a while since we replied your inquiry here and still no feedback from you. Do you still need help on this matter, or could you find any possible cache or DLL not replacing properly issue when you upgraded Ext.NET?

Really, the DLL version should read 4.5.1. If in doubt, the client-side test should make it clear, ensuring which version you are actually running when "live".

We may mark this thread as closed if you don't post a follow-up in 7+ days from now, but that is not going to prevent you from posting back here afterwards.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert