[CLOSED] Problem IIS HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server

[CLOSED] Problem IIS HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server

It is a new IIS server, and I get an error when running the web application. I'm missing some configuration?

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
    Detailed Error Information:
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070021
    Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
    Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Xirius\web.config

76:     <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
       77:     <handlers>
       78:       <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" />
    Adjunto la imagen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error3.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	25141

Thanks,

Adans
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Apr 18, 2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Hello, @Adans! And welcome to Ext.NET forums!

By the error message, this Web.config block is probably outside the system.webServer block.

Please take a look at the sample Web.config here and compare with yours. I noticed that there's a modules block between the validation and handlers blocks, defining Ext.NET's DirectRequestModule.

- Scroll down this page until you see the Web.config example: Ext.NET Examples > Introduction > Overview.

I hope this helps!

p.s.: Important notice: just in case, if you decide sharing your Web.config file, always remove your license key from it. Other sensitive information like connection strings should also have the username/passwords removed, if any!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert

web.config

Dear, I attach my web.config file. Please tell me what configuration is wrong?

I must clarify that the application is in a new Windows Server, in the other test servers the Visual Studio was installed, and there the application if it works normal with the same web.config.

Thanks,

Adans
    Attached Files
    Hello Adans!

I've took a look on your Web.config and placed it in an IIS website from a local installation of IIS server. But well, I do have Visual Studio 2017 installed here. It shouldn't interfere with the server -except- for missing system libraries you probably should install on the IIS server.

In fact it works here. It seems your new server's policies are locking (as it says) your handlers section. You should unlock specifying the handlers section in your Web.config in order to fully use Ext.NET. You may need to unlock this either system-wide or site specific.

System-wide command shortcut: %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe unlock config -section:system.webServer/handlers
    Website-specific command shortcut: %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe unlock config "Default Web Site/exchange" -section:handlers -commitpath:apphost

You can also try to change this from IIS Manger's Handler Mappings > Edit Feature Permissions and enabling Read and Script. Here I don't have the Execute one checked, and the website works fine.

There are more tips and suggestions on fixing this specific and somewhat common issue with IIS on this forum thread: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error, 0x80070021, Lock Violation with OWA, Exchange 2007

But beware some involve removing the sections, which would render Ext.NET unusable.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Thanks Fabricio.

The problem is solved. I found the solution in the link that you sent me.

Thank you very much.

Adans.
    Hello @Adans!

It's tough to guess issues in IIS servers as there are so many different possible configurations in it, but I'm glad we could help you solve this one, even if the help was just pointing to another discussion on the subject which ultimately lead you to the solution!

Thanks for the feedback.
    Fabrício Murta