[CLOSED] ResourceManager CPU consumption on IE

[CLOSED] ResourceManager CPU consumption on IE

Hello,

I have a huge system and I am using lot of windows, each window is a separated aspx page. I am having a CPU consumption problem when opening my system on IE after debugging I noticed that the resource manager is consuming about 50 MB form the memory and the CPU percentage is increasing. I tried to open Ext window without using ResourceManager and Ext components the memory and CPU consumption are not increasing. is there anyway to handle this.

Note this is my ResourceManager tag used in all pages:
     <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" AjaxTimeout="60000" ShowWarningOnAjaxFailure="false" DisableViewState="true" />

Thank you
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Apr 27, 2018 at 2:39 PM.
    Hello @Geovision!

Do you see the same behavior, for example, if you load this example?

- Windows Variations

I wonder how you make it show an Ext.Net.Window component if you remove Ext.NET resources, looks like it would be more like static content?

I suspect there may be events bound to one or more windows that keep triggering, thus you get the slowdown. If you remove Ext.NET resources managing subsystem, you effectively unbind all event handlers so, you won't get any performance issue anymore.

It is very hard to tell what's up on your side without knowing how exactly you are profiling it and what scenario is being profiled. Do you happen to have this happening on MS-Edge, Chrome and Firefox?

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello,

No this is not happening on Edge, Firefox or chrome and note that I am not removing resource manager from all the project I am removing it only from the window that I am openning (which means the window has an aspx page loader) example: the main page is MainPage.aspx I am creating Window1 on button click the Window1 has an aspx page as loader named: iframe.aspx if I put in iframe.aspx the resource manager tag the cpu and memory consumption will increase by 50 mb. If i remove it case is not happening.

Thank you
    Hello @Geovision!

If you create an iframe content, it will have to load again all Ext.NET resources within, this should naturally allocate more resources, as all the scripts are loaded for that inner page (it is a completely independent page, only thing that differs is that the iframe's document.parent will have a reference to the IFrame on the outer page.

But as an independent page, it will load all scripts again. If you used a custom control to compose the window, then that would be a different history, and it will reuse the outer page's resources instead.

While it is expected to reload all resources in the inner frame, it is still not an excuse for the high and constant CPU load. If you load the iframe independently (in a separate browser tab/window), don't you get the same 100% CPU usage behavior?

If I use IE11 to open the Window Variations example (the same linked above -- but with Ext.NET Examples explorer shell -- all examples are shown within an Ext.NET's loader IFrame), I don't get any CPU high usage in the IE process at all.
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello @Geovision!

Are you still facing the issues with performance with content-loaded windows on IE11? We're eager to help you but we have little we can do without being able to reproduce the issue in our side, so we're looking formard to your feedback so we can try to help you with that unfortunate issue.

We may mark the thread as closed if you do not post a follow-up in 7+ days from now, but we won't lock up the thread, so you'll still be able to post afterwards.
    Fabrício Murta