The official release of Ext.NET Mobile is now available. Ext.NET Mobile is an ASP.NET component framework for building Phone and Tablet specific mobile web applications. Read More

Single License Developer

Single License Developer

Hi

I've noticed that Sencha Extjs has reverted back to a Single License option. Will Ext.Net be re-evaluating their offers based on this new model??

Kind Regards
    Glen
    Hi Glen,

Sencha has prevented us from offering an single developer license option, and I don't see their position changing.

The "single license option" that Sencha offers is actually a subscription. The license is not perpetual. You must renew your subscription each year if you want to develop your app, distribute your app, or even "use" your app.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder & CEO
    Thanks Geoff for the update...

That is a shame... hopefully they will review this in time to come. For now I have had to put a hold on any future developments with Ext.Net (extjs) as my company I work for refuses to pay the licensing fees at this price. Hopefully the new owners will see the value in this before they fully kill this product all together!