[CLOSED] EXT 4.5.1 Razor example of using ComponentColumn with an EditorStrategy

[CLOSED] EXT 4.5.1 Razor example of using ComponentColumn with an EditorStrategy

Hello

I have a grid where one column displays different editors based on EditorStrategy. I would like to investigate weather it is possible to use to use a ComponentColumn instead and have it display a different editior i.e TextField, NumberField or ComboBox based on the selection of one data field.

Thanks
    Idriss
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 07, 2018 at 2:54 PM.
    Hello @idrissb!

We don't have this example in MVC but I believe it would be straightforward to interpret it and write it in MVC/razor. Well, I'm also not really certain this is what you need so maybe you take a look in the example, if that's what you need, give it a try to translate to Razor. If you have any trouble, then let us know and we'll help you out.

The example is this: GridPanel > Component Column > Multiple Editors.

As a suggestion to help us help you, you may start this out of a simplified sample reproducing your scenario in a minimalistic page, just a grid, maybe one column with a description, another column with the approach you actually use (I believe it works for you, but you want to improve/change with ComponentColumn, right?) then a third column with the implementation you aim to attain. Then it would be more objective for us to tackle your issue and help you make (for example) both columns act the same -- or give you reasons why it is not feasible, if that's the case.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thank you for pointing me to that example. That should get me going. You can close the thread.
    idriss
    Hello, @idrissb!

Thanks for the feedback, glad it helped! Let us know if still in trouble, and we'll do our best to help!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert