[CLOSED] Group Minimisation and Paging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] Group Minimisation and Paging

Hello,

We use paging and groups in one grid panel and when a group is minimised it still takes up the same number of pages.

e.g. if a group that originally took up 3 pages is minimised, the next group will still be on the fourth page and the preceding pages will be blank.

Is there a way to remove the white space between the first and second groups?

Thank you,
    Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EXTGroupPage.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	25097
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 23, 2018 at 5:06 PM.
    Just to make this post a little more clear (i hope).

Assume you have 50 rows in a grid with page size of 25. You then have a 2 groups of 25 rows each which would result in group 1 of 25 rows being displayed on page 1 and group 2 of 25 rows displayed on page 2.

What the users are requesting is that when group 1 is collapsed then all 50 rows are displayed on page 1 (group 1 collapsed and group 2 expanded).

The reason they are requesting it is because if we have 500 rows instead of 50 and splits of 250 per group over 20 pages then when they collapse group 1 they don't have to navigate to page 12 or so in order to start viewing the group 2 rows.

Searching the forums I found an old post from 09 that suggested this was not possible.

Ta,
    D
    Hello @CanopiusApplications!

I'm afraid the group paging plug in only supports keeping one group per page ignoring the page size in the store. If you just use paging, you can see the group rows are completely ignored by the page size specification in the store. The paging and grouping features are not mutually aware.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio

Thanks for the response and I kind of guessed that was the case. I think in this situation the UI is probably trying to do too much so it is easily solved with some redesign which eliminates the problem.

D
    Hello, @ConopiusApplications!

Yes, and if you think "dom-wise" (as for how heavily loaded the page will be), grid have buffered scrolling in which only the immediately viewable (and a "buffer" above and below to help smoothness) contents are actually rendered, and the rows getting far from viewable area are discarded as new rows are rendered as they get close.

This helps you using grouping with a reasonably large amount of data without hitting usability.

Anyway, let us know if you need more help with this issue.

Hope this helps you in the redesign decisions!

EDIT: oops! we're talking about Ext.NET 2! Down to this version, buffered rendering should be enabled by the user! Back in 2.x, this feature was still maturing.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM.