[CLOSED] Editable grid with drag/drop on tablet

[CLOSED] Editable grid with drag/drop on tablet

I am using an editable grid with drag/drop. the grid is beyond the bottom of the page and it has a vertical scrollbar.

I am viewing it on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and i am unable to scroll. it keeps trying to drag (instead of scroll). i though drag was initiated by a long press and scroll would be the default (finger slide). If i use the mouse, i can scroll just fine.

I set the theme as NeptuneTouch. ext.net 4.2.2

I assume you have seen this before and this is more of a best practice on how to structure events so i am skipping a full example unless it is requested.

thanks,
    /Z
    Last edited by Z; Jan 02, 2018 at 4:25 AM.
    Hello @Z!

I see this device, although a tablet, uses a full PC/laptop set up (Windows 10, x86 architecture). So, are you using just its Edge browser? Maybe Ext.NET is not able to detect touch screen and is not activating it (properly) on MS-Edge.

There are, yes, some issues with Ext.NET and some touch devices. In fact, the problem you are talking about seem to be exactly the one reported in #933. For which, unfortunately, we don't have a solution as of yet.

I also found this that -maybe- could help. It is an issue specific to the MS Surface Pro tablet, in which disabling pan & zoom helps with the two-finger scrolling that may, on some situations it seems, not work. Here's the link for the discussion: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...524500d?auth=1

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    you are correct that surface pro is too powerful a machine and is not considered a tablet.

i used chrome with an user agent emulator and it works fine then.
    /Z
    Hello @Z!

What browser and version were you using originally? MS-Edge? Version 41.x?
    Fabrício Murta
    Edge originally (latest). I just switched to Chrome with an extension to change the user agent.
    /z
    So google Chrome is also broken if you don't change the user agent? Can you provide the original user agent both Edge and Chrome are using?

Maybe if we just add the user agent to Ext.NET (to behave like a desktop, maybe) should do in your case.
    Fabrício Murta