[CLOSED] TreeGrid paging

[CLOSED] TreeGrid paging

Hi Support,

I'm using TreeGrid on MVC5 web application. Since treegrid sometimes needs to show 1000+ records I added paging toolbar to the grid. And I'm able to receive paging parameters like Page, Start, Limit into controller action but I can't set the total property of the node collection because it's read only so paging doesn't function as expected.

FYI, I only needs to achieve paging for the direct child of root so I don't care about expanded nodes.

Can you please point me to right resource to achieve this?

Thanks
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Dec 26, 2017 at 2:57 PM. Reason: no feedback from the user in 7+ days
    Hello @Fahd!

I'm afraid this is not quite supported nor supposed to work at all. For some references, there's this sencha thread:
    - Paging in treegrid

And there's also this reply from daniil in 2015 to the same question added by another person:
    - TreeGrid : Paging

So, supported, no. Impossible, neither. If it works for you the way it is and you just need to make the total property set then you can just extend the class to support specifying the value.

But, in the other hand, probably this is just what's left before you can see havoc break on client side due to unimplemented paging support to a grid when it comes to tree displaying.

Maybe, but just maybe, if you follow the remote paging (so every page switch triggers a server call), as the server will be providing the data that should be displayed, then it should just work, but again, even in this approach, there's no guarantee it will work.

If you venture in making the setting available and hit any issues, we can try to help you make it work, but that would require you to provide a test case (simplified minimal) with your development progress on the feature. We'd have to reproduce it as far as you gone before we can suggest any approach or point any potentially difficult aspect to overcome.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello @fahd!

It's been a while since we replied your inquiry here and still no feedback from you. Do you still need help with this issue?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert