[FIXED] [#1563] [4.4.1] Ext classic fails to load on Pixel Phone/Oreo

[FIXED] [#1563] [4.4.1] Ext classic fails to load on Pixel Phone/Oreo

I am trying to access my EXT.net site (4.2.2)

After my pixel phone updated to Oreo, my site will not show/load unless i set it for "desktop mode"

Thanks,
    /Z.

What's My User Agent?

Your User Agent is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.0.0; Pixel Build/OPR3.170623.008) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.98 Mobile Safari/537.36
    Your IP Address is:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Browser Information:

JavaScript Enabled: Yes
    Cookies Enabled: Yes
    Device Pixel Ratio: 2.625
    Screen Resolution: 412px x 732px
    Browser Window Size: 412 px x 604 px
    Local Time: 2:09 pm
    Time Zone: 4 hours

Last edited by fabricio.murta; Oct 14, 2017 at 3:38 AM.
    Hello @Z!

Thanks for the report, just tried using the same user-agent in Ext.NET, merged with ExtJS 6.5.2 (that will be released with Ext.NET 4.5.0 soon) and it also breaks! The exact same issue that happens to Ext.NET Mobile is triggering there.

It seems your phone's browser versioning string hit the jackpot with ExtJS browser detection algorithm. :)

We will investigate this issue, this looks like a very specific issue to your mobile phone brand, and probably other android 8 phones do not reproduce it. Anyway, this just shows a weakness in ExtJS detection code.

We've logged this under #1563 and will update here as soon as we merged the fix to Ext.NET. I'm afraid for this one your only fix would be to update to github sources (after the fix is merged there), or the next released version after that. No overrides would, unfortunately, be possible because that's triggering from code that is run very early during client-side ExtJS page life cycle.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello again!

The fix has been applied to Ext.NET code and will be available if you build Ext.NET from latest sources from branch ExtJS_652. This fix will be publicly available when Ext.NET 4.5.0 is released.

I hope the news are welcome, and thanks again for reporting the issue!
    Fabrício Murta
    Thank you.

However, i have a terrible time building from source. Last time i did it, i ended up with random errors due to multiple versions of EXT being found (though there werent).

ALSO, i have updated to VS 2017 and moved all our source code to VSTS. That building said, we rebuilt all our solution projects to only use nuget and updated all our build process to build in VSTS and to do this with nuget only.

it would be impossible for me to utilize this fix without a valid release (in nuget).

I would most appreciate a timeframe of when i can expect this to be released?

thanks,.
    /Z
    Hello @Z!

We are just releasing Ext.NET 4.5.0! In a couple hours you should be able to update it.
    Fabrício Murta