[FIXED] [#1564] [4.2.0 Mobile] Doesnt load in Oreo and/or pixel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[FIXED] [#1564] [4.2.0 Mobile] Doesnt load in Oreo and/or pixel

My pixel phone updated to Oreo and not i cant load my ext.net mobile site anymore. i don't know if it is the phone or the android Oreo OS.
    i need to use desktop mode for it to load.
    /Z
    Hello @Z!

I'm not sure about the details of the phone you are using, but maybe your update introduced a new browser or browser version, we would need more details. I don't really think the android release should impact on how the browser handles opened pages, HTML5-wise, but the browser may be sending an user-agent not known by ExtJS Modern 6.2.1 and it is assuming you're in a non-android version.

Do you know what exact browser (name and version) your phone has?

Maybe if you can provide the user-agent it passes to browsers we could try to reproduce this specific suspicion at our side. You can get the user-agent your phone is sending to websites by several ways, maybe the simplest would be visiting a website that tells you that, like https://www.whoishostingthis.com/tools/user-agent/.

After we check this we can further check more details. Did you test your phone on our examples explorer? If so, providing a page URL and what exactly happens (or doesn't) while trying to access with your phone would help us reproducing the issue.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    all pages fail to load. i must use desktop mode.
    /Z

What's My User Agent?

Your User Agent is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.0.0; Pixel Build/OPR3.170623.008) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.98 Mobile Safari/537.36
    Your IP Address is:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Browser Information:

JavaScript Enabled: Yes
    Cookies Enabled: Yes
    Device Pixel Ratio: 2.625
    Screen Resolution: 412px x 732px
    Browser Window Size: 412 px x 604 px
    Local Time: 2:09 pm
    Time Zone: 4 hours
    i opened a related posting for EXT.net for same problem

https://forums.ext.net/showthread.ph...969#post282969

/Z
    Hello @Z!

Thanks for the user-agent string. That is the problem. I see you reported this for Ext.NET 4.4.1 also. The problem is both the phone's and Ext.NET, unfortunately. If you may, would you try to browse the page in your pixie phone, but using a different .

At first what we can say is that your phone's browser is not compatible with Ext.NET. Both Ext.NET and the phone are culprit here:
    - Ext.NET checks if the browser is opera with a different search string from the one used to find the actual and this matches your phone's current UserAgent setting. When you switch to desktop mode, the user-agent the phone sends is compatible with Ext.NET, so that the page works.
    - Pixie phone changed its user-agent reports in a way it breaks Ext.NET inference of which browser is. Instead of just detecting a generic/default browser though. In fact, a next "minor" Pixie phone's browser have high potential of no longer reproducing this issue.

We'll get back as soon as we have news about this issue! Thank you very much for the report!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello @Z!

The fix is in place. Unfortunately, as stated above, the only way to benefit from the fix is by rebuilding Ext.NET from sources or waiting the next stable release (4.2.0 for Ext.NET Mobile) to be out.

We've applied the patch to both stable (master) and development/unstable (ExtJS_621) branches.
    Fabrício Murta
    Thank you.

However, i have a terrible time building from source. Last time i did it, i ended up with random errors due to multiple versions of EXT being found (though there werent).

ALSO, i have updated to VS 2017 and moved all our source code to VSTS. That building said, we rebuilt all our solution projects to only use nuget and updated all our build process to build in VSTS and to do this with nuget only.

it would be impossible for me to utilize this fix without a valid release (in nuget).

I would most appreciate a timeframe of when i can expect this to be released?

thanks,
    /Z
    Hello @Z!

There shouldn't be any problem building, specially if you're using VS2017 now.

Anyway, as it's been a while since we last released Ext.NET Mobile, we just pushed a version 4.1.1 NuGet package to NuGet with just that fix. It should work for you if you upgrade it from NuGet now.
    Fabrício Murta
    So I updated with nugget to 4.1.1 and now I have an error and EXT.net mobile wont load at all.
    help!
    /Z

Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://my.website.com/mobile/extnet...6814369”.
    Hello @Z!

We've tested Ext.NET Mobile with NuGet package 4.1.1 and it just works. Please try to rebuild the entire solution, maybe something didn't got rebuild or the references to Ext.NET didn't resolve in a simple rebuild after the upgrade.
    Fabrício Murta
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast