[FIXED] [#1552] [4.4.1] FileUploadField not working on IE11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FIXED] [#1552] [4.4.1] FileUploadField not working on IE11

Ext.Net 4.4. examples: FileUploadField Form Example is working on Chrome, but not on IE11. FileUploadField has no file attached (HasFile property always false).
    Hello @moldeveloper!

Would you be as kind as to link to the example so we can be sure we are looking at what you're pointing?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Absolutely:
    https://examples4.ext.net/#/Form/FileUploadField/Basic/

It's the third paragraph: Form Example
    Hello again, @moldeveloper!

Thanks for providing the link, but we are not facing the issue you reported on that example. We get the file not only uploaded but it says the file size. Using google chrome in the test. Did you use any specific web browser or setting?

Check out our test result: animated gif of test case replay.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    The example doesn't work on Internet Explorer 11 (on Chrome it works well, I know it).
    Can you test it?
    Last edited by moldeveloper; Sep 25, 2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Oh! Sorry, you really mentioned it more than once, I guess I just skipped reviewing the first comment before placing the reply.

I could reproduce this here. We'll check this out to see what's happening and get back to you. Thanks for reporting!
    Fabrício Murta
    Thank you Fabricio, keep me updated.
    Hello!

We could find a (hopefully!) nice way to fix this issue for MS-IE and MS-Edge browsers.

Unfortunately, IE9 does not support the input type="file"'s "File API", so versions of MS-IE prior to 10.0 will not support the file upload field at all. A table of browsers supporting this required API is listed here: http://caniuse.com/#feat=fileapi

The fix has been applied to current Ext.NET sources and will be publicly available as soon as Ext.NET 4.4.1 is released.

Hope you appreciate the news! Thanks again for reporting!
    Fabrício Murta
    And with the just-released Ext.NET 4.4.1, you can check directly on the example you pointed. It should work fine on both IE and Edge.

Please notice, in case you use Internet Explorer 9 or older, it will not work at all, because the browser does not support the file field technologies (FileAPI) required for the ExtJS's Ext.form.field.File component to properly work.

https://examples4.ext.net/#/Form/FileUploadField/Basic/
    Fabrício Murta
    Thank you Fabricio for the support.
    It works!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast