[OPEN] [#1544] [4.4.0] Store's StatefulFilters Property Ignored

[OPEN] [#1544] [4.4.0] Store's StatefulFilters Property Ignored

As I understand it, setting the StatefulFilters property to false, should result in the grid's filters not being saved with the grid's state, but it does not have that effect.

I believe this is the exact same bug described here:
    https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...-flag-on-store

The override provided their works for me.
    Hello @tylert! Thanks for the report!

I see that Sencha may have overlooked the thread, but I also see other implications on simply fixing that.

By reading the actual code and override provided in the thread itself, and the documentation at Ext.data.Store.statefulFilters docs for ExtJS 6.5.1, I can see some quirks about:

- the default value for the store's stateful filters is false
    - if a grid panel has the stateful ability, it propagates the ability to the filters, which is reasonable, maybe in at least some situations

So while the override works for you, I see that it may not just work for everyone. Maybe changing the

if (grid.stateful)
    test into

if (grid.stateful && store.statefulFilters !== false)
    would be better. I mean, assume the default propagation only and only if the statefulFilters from the store is assuming its default value. I didn't test yet if at this point, the store.statefulFilters will be undefined or null if not explicitly specified though.

Well, no matter what, that looks like a non handled edge case, thus a bug. Do you have an account on Sencha forums? It would be useful a "nudge" there to see if they get the test case and mark the thread as an open bug. A "+1 on this" should suffice, though not required.

And we logged the issue after #1544. With that, we can keep an eye to the Sencha thread and look up whether they have acknowledged that as a bug and possibly fixed it after each future ExtJS release.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks -- I wasn't sure if you had any more influence over which bugs Sencha addresses compared to me since I'm not a Sencha customer. I went ahead and posted on that thread.
    Hello @tylert!

We don't really have any stronger influence in the public Sencha forums. So it really does help, specially in a case like that, where they seemingly overlooked the thread after asking for a test case. More people complaining means more attention from them.

So now, I reviewed the provided test case, and fixed a small issue displaying the results in current ExtJS versions. I provided not only the reviewed test case, but reviewed overrides and step-by-step to ease their life trying to reproduce the issue! Let's hope the issue proceeds in their internal bug lifecycle now.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert