[CLOSED] Question on Row filter

[CLOSED] Question on Row filter

Hi, Is there any document that describes searching expressions for default row filter? It looks like +/- can be used as start/end with; * : contains, is there any thing for "and/or" "not include".. I tried != on numerical col, but it does not seems to be working. ?
    Thanks
    -szhang
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Aug 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM.
    Hello @susanz!

I believe we are talking about regular expressions. A starting point would be MDN documentation on JavaScript Regular Expressions.

If so, there's a lot to it and it can be as complex as one wants it to, but its expressiveness level is likewise ample.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio, Thanks for quick response. I am not sure if my question was clear. I am using X.FilterHeader() for my grid. I was talking about search expression for the col filter box. It does not look like the filter exp is same as the JS reg exp. ? (at least many of js reg exp are not working on the filter box when I tried on) It looks like the filter plugin does handle text and numerical columns differently. I figured out some of the exp for text column. but for numerical column, <=, >=, <, > worked OK, but != (not equal) does not work. If you need, I can create sample proj later when i have time.
    Thanks
    -sz
    Hello @susanz!

I think now I get your question! You mean the operators in the FilterHeader grid plug in!

This example shows all the builtin operators for the plug in: GridPanel - FilterHeader - Overview.

Didn't find what you need? Then check out this other example for how to make your own operator: GridPanel - FilterHeader - Custom Behavior.

I hope this time it helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Great! Thank you, that is what I wanted to know.
    Thanks!
    -susanz
    Hello @susanz!

Glad it helped, thanks for the feedback!
    Fabrício Murta