[CLOSED] I cannot show a window with server-side code Ext.net 4.3 version

[CLOSED] I cannot show a window with server-side code Ext.net 4.3 version

Currently i'm using DNN 7.04.1 + ext.net 4.3 version and i have a problem for action on server-side code. But it work for Ext.net 2.5 + DNN 7.04.1

Please see my comments on ######.

<script runat="server">
    protected void Button2_Click(object sender, DirectEventArgs e)
    {
    this.Window1.Show();###### Not ok -> cannot show window and only display blank page
    }
    </script>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
    <head runat="server">
    <title>Basic Hello World Window - Ext.NET Examples</title>
    <link href="/resources/css/examples.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    </head>
    <body>
    <form runat="server">
    <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<h1>Simple Ext.NET Window Sample</h1>

<p>The following sample demonstrates how to configure a new Window Component and "show" the Window if closed.</p>

<ext:Button
    runat="server"
    Text="Show Window (Client Event)"
    Icon="Application"
    OnClientClick="#{Window1}.show();"####### OK
    />

<br />

<ext:Button
    runat="server"
    Text="Show Window (Server Event)"
    Icon="Application"
    OnDirectClick="Button2_Click"
    />

<ext:Window
    ID="Window1"
    runat="server"
    Title="Hello World"
    Icon="Application"
    Height="185"
    Width="350"
    BodyStyle="background-color: #fff;"
    BodyPadding="5"
    Hidden="true"
    Modal="true">
    <Content>
    This is my first <a target="_blank" href="http://ext.net/"> Ext.NET</a> Window.
    </Content>
    </ext:Window>
    </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Oct 20, 2017 at 6:07 PM. Reason: no feedback from the user in 7+ days
    Hello @thunv! Welcome to Ext.NET forums!

Would you mind editing your post and wrapping the code block you pasted within [code][/code] blocks as per our guidelines on posting new threads?

Anyway, we went ahead and run your test case which, surprisingly, works nicely. I have no idea what you mean by DNN 7.04.1 and, as it worked with ExtJS 2.5, I don't really see a reason it would be the one breaking the window's show() call from server-side.

I suggest you create a fresh/blank Visual Studio ASP.NET Web Project and just install Ext.NET 4.3.0 NuGet package, then try to run the test case you provided. It should work fine. This call to show the window is very "basic", if it does not work for you it may mean something in the project is preventing any and all server-side calls from even executing.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello again, @thunv!

It's been a while we posted a reply to your inquiry here and yet no feedback from you. Do you still need help with this? We'd need more information about your scenario before we can try and reproduce the issue in our side and help you out, though.

We may mark this forum thread as closed if you do not post any follow-up in 7+ days from now. That's not going though, to prevent you from posting here after closed, if ever need be.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert