[CLOSED] Unlicensed Issue appearing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Unlicensed Issue appearing...

Hi,
    I keep getting an "unlicensed" message when publishing my app to our web servers. I'm using the same license key that we always use with many other projects but I cannot get this new project working. I'm broken the project down to the very basic, can someone spot what I'm missing:

My web.config file:
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <section name="extnet" type="Ext.Net.GlobalConfig" requirePermission="false"  />
      </configSections>

<extnet licenseKey="MY LICENSE KEY HERE" />

<system.web>

<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5" />
        <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" />

<httpHandlers>
          <add path="*/ext.axd" verb="*" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" validate="false" />
        </httpHandlers>

<httpModules>
          <add name="DirectRequestModule" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" />
        </httpModules>

</system.web>

<system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
        <modules>
          <add name="DirectRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net"/>
        </modules>
        <handlers>
          <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler"/>
        </handlers>
      </system.webServer>

</configuration>
    My Default.aspx page:
    <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1.Default" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Ext.Net" namespace="Ext.Net" tagprefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" Theme="Gray" />

<form runat="server">
            <ext:Panel 
                ID="Window1"
                runat="server" 
                Title="Welcome to Ext.NET"
                Height="215"
                Width="350"
                Frame="true"
                Collapsible="true"
                Cls="box"
                BodyPadding="5"
                DefaultButton="0"
                Layout="AnchorLayout"
                DefaultAnchor="100%">
            </ext:Panel>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    This is created in Visual Studio 2013, a new empty web project with webforms enabled.
    The following 4 files have been referenced:
    Ext.Net.dll 3.3.0
    Ext.Net.Utilities.dll 2.5.0
    newtonsoft.json.dll 8.0.2
    transformer.net.dll 2.1.1.

I'm publishing a debug version to IIS 7.0

Any ideas?

Andy
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Aug 18, 2017 at 9:54 PM.
    I'm made further progress investigating this issue and I've discovered that the unlicensed message box seems to disappear if I use a viewport.

<ext:Viewport ID="Viewport1" runat="server" Layout="border">
    </ext:Viewport>
    My original code just had a window component on the page.
    So:
    1) Should a viewport always be used?
    2) Is the viewport simply hiding a licensing issue anyway (which feels like a bug)

Andy
    Hello Andy!

That's strange, your configuration looks correct!..

Any chance you may be using other virtual directories and another Web.config being used in your production environment?..

You may try setting something like the theme to something else (changing the default theme) or scriptMode="Debug" in your <extnet /> tag to see if other settings are making it to the Web.config.

If you set the scriptMode one, after you update your Web.config, then open a page on your production environment, then open developer tools. Check the open scripts, if it gets the non-minified version of ExtJS javascript code (ext-all-debug.js) and/or Ext.NET javascript code (extnet-all-debug.js). This may help show up whether your Web.config file is completely being ignored or not.

Just in case, the changed line should read something like this:

<extnet licenseKey="MY LICENSE KEY HERE" scriptMode="Debug" />
    Changing the default theme to see if it affects the defaults might be easier though

<extnet licenseKey="MY LICENSE KEY HERE" theme="Neptune" />
    For example.

I hope this helps! I don't really see a reason the ViewPort being used or not would influence on that.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio

I have taken over from Andy as he is otherwise engaged and I think I see the problem.
    We are using a 2x key but using 3x ext versions.

"License For : Ext.NET Pro v2.x and v1.x"

How do I go about getting a 3.x key?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Last edited by CanopiusApplications; Jul 13, 2017 at 3:33 PM.
    Hello @CanopiusApplications!

Please forward this inquiry to us via email: support@ext.net
    Then we will be able to discuss the key-related issue.

But if a key worked on a v3 build published somewhere, it should also work on a v3 published elsewhere. As long as both versions are published to actual web servers.
    Fabrício Murta
    Your Ext.NET 3.x License Key welcome kit has been sent to the email associated to the CanopiusApplications forum account. You should have now.

Just replace the old 2.x license key with your 3.x license key and the Unlicensed message should disappear.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    thanks Geoff but could you resend as the organisation has had a lot of restructuring since the account was created (i have updated the email address)

just for your info we have a couple of apps running 3x and with the incorrect key (assuming this is the problem which it almost certainly is) and they do not show the "unlicensed" message so perhaps something you might want to look into.
    Hi Fabricio

Saw GM's post first and just seen yours. Let me try the 3x key on the app that shows the message and see the result.
    If it works (as I expect it will), I will then give you guys a breakdown of the app using an incorrect key which does not show the message.

Both apps published to actual web servers and one shows the message while the other does not.

Either way let me do some digging once I have a valid 3x key and will post reply when I know more.

Thanks guys,
    D
    Hello @CanopiusApplications!

You should have received the email re-send by now (it was actually sent minutes after your last post here). Please let us know if, for some reason, you still don't have it. And we'll discuss what may have happened, walking towards a solution!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hi Guys

Got the key for 3x and as expected this was the problem and it works. There is something a bit strange though as the message does not appear for other 3x apps that have been published even though the key used for those app is invalid. So something like

App A: Published to Server A using 3x and an invalid key - No message displayed.
    App B: Published to Server A using 3x and an invalid key - Message displayed.

There a bunch of differences between App A and App B (jQuery & viewports to name a few).

Either way in relation to this actual call the correct key solves the problem so it can be closed.

Let me know if you want further details on the differences between App A and B.

Ta,
    D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast