Coolite vs Telerik vs DevExpress

Coolite vs Telerik vs DevExpress

Hi all,

Currently my company is having a plan to replace our web app controls with 3rd party components, and we have shortlisted Coolite, Telerik and DevExpress.

I'm in favour of Coolite and need some supporting information to convince my superior.

Would appreciate if someone could provide the advantages of using Coolite.

Thanks.

RE: Coolite vs Telerik vs DevExpress

Hey,
    Here are my 2 cents...

1) Coolite is extremely fast in rendering the components in comparision to DevExpress. (Presently working on DevExpres Scheduler). I find DevExpress and Telerik too heavy on client side.

2) Coolite, being based on ExtJS is directly supported by the ExtJS team. I find ExtJS the best Javascript framework with the kind of components they have.

3) DevExpress and Telerik are server centric. Coolite just like ExtJS, works more on the client side then on server and faster response to simple requests like opening the window.

4) Try using calendar on http://feyasoft/main(ExtJS) and on DevExpress Scheduler or Telerik... Performance wise ExtJS is much much faster....

What I miss in coolite is Themes... I wish there were a few more theme options...

I dont know if I have helped you... But I find coolite too be much ahead of any of these toolkits. They have established market, and coolite is new... but it will gain its presence soon with the popularity of ExtJS. A few more components like Telerik and DevExpress and they are all set to roll...

Thanks,

RE: Coolite vs Telerik vs DevExpress

Hi Amit Pareek,

Thanks for your opinion.