[CLOSED] How to configure grid Filter Display Text

[CLOSED] How to configure grid Filter Display Text

I have a list filter in the grid , which looks like this

<ext:ListFilter DataIndex="CustDetails" Options="FirstName,LastName,Gender"> </ext:ListFilter>

How can i have id and display field different ?
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 18, 2017 at 10:01 PM.
    Hello @amitpareek!

Sorry, I don't understand your question, would you mind elaborating on that?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert

In ListFilter of Grid, Display text in filter menu item and bind value for this menu item is different

I have one grid and its List Filter as below :

i.e. => <ext:ListFilter DataIndex="Type" Options="Table,Text,Numbers,Graph"> </ext:ListFilter>

but i need FloatNumber as a Display text in Options in above List Filter tag instead of Numbers for Display as Filter menu items, all remains as it is.

i.e. Bind value of Type (DataIndex="Type") of FloatNumber text will also remain Numbers. Means Display text of filter menu items is Numbers but it will filter FloatNumber.

Please see attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter issue.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	24943  
    Last edited by amitpareek; May 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM.
    Hello @amitpareek!

Sorry, this is not supported. ListFilters can only filter by what they are set.

Although unsupported, it does not mean it is impossible. You can customize the filter function, but that's like an extension. ExtJS does not "export" the necessary changes' variables or methods, so they can change next version without warning.

In fact, somebody else has just customized their grid filters for mapping (although not a List Filter) and shared his approach in this thread: How can I filter a GridPanel that has a mapped editor field?.

If you really need that feature, I'm afraid you'll have to tread on these fields.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello Fabrico

We just need a way to add object to filter , some thing similar to adding object data to combobox . I think this should be possible.

Thanks
    Amit
    Hello @amitpareek!

Well, it is a simple filter meant to match the text (string match) in the column. If you want anything else over that, you have to either use another filter (if any fits) or customize it to your specific needs, like it was done in the other thread.
    Fabrício Murta
    We can close this now. Thank you.
    Alright, @amitpareek!

If you start drawing a custom filter to handle this (based on the other thread I believe it would work well) and get stuck at some point, let us know and we'll try our best to help!
    Fabrício Murta