[CLOSED] Set a new project In Visual Studio 2012 using EXT.NET.MVC

[CLOSED] Set a new project In Visual Studio 2012 using EXT.NET.MVC

Hello, we have an application using ext.net webforms. I want to create one using MVC, how can i create a simple project from scratch using visual studio 2012? I'm having trouble with the web.config
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 11, 2017 at 4:04 AM.
    nvm solved it
    Hello @banrisulssw!

Glad you could fix yourself the issue, although I'm still a little curious what the problem was. Did you need to do something special on your VS2012 installation in order for it to work?

Maybe you created a fresh project from an MVC project template instead a blank new project? Using project templates tends to make it harder to run Ext.NET. In some circumstances those templates sets up fancy and conflicting features on the website.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    I created an empty WebApplication installed the nuget package. So the errors started, to get the project work i had to:
    -Add in the web config at configSections this.
        <sectionGroup name="system.web.webPages.razor" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorWebSectionGroup, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <section name="host" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" />
          <section name="pages" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorPagesSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
    -Add this to webconfig in the view folder at 'system.web.webPages.razor' section
        <host factoryType="System.Web.Mvc.MvcWebRazorHostFactory, System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, ublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
    -add System.Web.Mvc.Html reference in the Index.cshtml

I missed something to set up a project from scratch like WebForms.
    That's interesting cause I set up a project like that (from scratch) using MVC with no issues. I just opened it again here, and I see its web.config file in the root of the project does not have those lines. But the one at Views\web.config does have.

And yes, the installation was plug and play. Create a blank project with MVC bindings and install Ext.NET.MVC package (or MVC5).

I'm thinking the problem would be specific to VS2012, because in my case, I am using VS2017. And I remember creating projects from scratch using VS2013 and 2015 with MVC without issues.

These lines, in fact, are not Ext.NET related, but RazorView-related. Maybe the support for RazorView on MVC projects was not plug & play back to VS2012?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Yes, probably a problemwith vs2012, these are the steps to fix it :).