[FIXED] [#1470] [4.2.1] GridPanel Vertical Scrollbar Resets When Clicking Horizontal Scrollbar

[FIXED] [#1470] [4.2.1] GridPanel Vertical Scrollbar Resets When Clicking Horizontal Scrollbar

I'm having the same issue described here: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...izontal-scroll

Basically if my grid has a horizontal scroll bar, the vertical scrollbar resets to the top when I click to move the horizontal scrollbar. The post from Sencha's website mentions that this a known bug and that they have a workaround, but I don't believe I have access to the workaround override code. Are you able to access the override code and share it with me? Also, do you know how I can track this bug in regards to when the fix will get merged into Ext.NET? Thanks.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 17, 2017 at 8:15 PM.
    Hello @tylert!

You got it! We have logged this issue as #1470 in github and flagged it to be visited every ExtJS upgrade rollup.

As for their override, we don't have access for it, but we can give this issue a try and provide you a workaround here. We probably won't be committing this to the code as next version it will be fixed though.

At first it seems a focus event is triggering on the cell aligned to the position clicked in the horizontal scrollbar, but as the "focused" cell is on the first row, the grid view scrolls back there.

Anyway, we are now going to post an update here if we get a working override or setting to help avoid the issue, and will also update it here when the fix gets merged to Ext.NET code.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    I saw that ExtJS 6.5 was released today -- and this bug seems to be fixed in that release from testing on fiddle.sencha.com . Do you when we can expect an Ext.NET release with 6.5 incorporated and/or a temporary code fix for this issue? We are in the process of upgrading our application from Ext.NET 2 to 4, and this is a critical bug that I haven't been able to find a workaround for and it is preventing deployment.
    Hello @tylert!

We'll at least grab the fix from the latest ExtJS and apply it in our Ext.NET code base so that we can fix that as soon as possible!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello @tylert!

It turned out the changes are broader than I expected, and there are lots of changes in the related files that may or may not be related to this fix. It seems it required considerable changes in code to prevent focusing cells when we click the scrollbars. Notice this happens for both vertical or horizontal scrollbars.

I'm afraid this will have to wait a little longer than expected. As a "workaround", best we could find here was to scroll, and click a visible row so it gets selected. Then scrolling horizontally won't scroll back up to the top.
    Fabrício Murta
    I understand. Do you have an estimate of how long it will take to incorporate the changes into Ext.NET? We are planning on deploying our application with the upgrade to Ext.NET 4 (from version 2 where this wasn't an issue) within a couple of weeks, so we want to plan accordingly. Thanks.
    Hello @tylert!

Bad news and good news.

As for the bad ones, we don't really have a time frame right now for the release of Ext.NET 4.3.0 (based on ExtJS 6.5.0, which implements the fix for this issue).

But now for the good news:
    - We are actively working now towards releasing Ext.NET 4.3.0, so we should soon have a prospect of when it is going to be released.
    - We have already decided and planned on releasing the 4.2.1 public release, very likely during week.
    - We have pulled the necessary patch from Sencha and just applied it in our code base, so you can right now benefit from the fix if you build Ext.NET from sources*.
    - The line above means that to-be-released 4.2.1 version will include the fix for the scrolling issue!

*) Everyone with premium subscription has access to latest Ext.NET sources on GitHub and can build it with the latest fixes.
    Fabrício Murta
    That's great news. It looks like this fixed our issue as expected. Thanks for making this fix a priority in your development schedule.