[CLOSED] TreeList in Ext.NET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] TreeList in Ext.NET

Hi, is there an Ext.NET-object that creates a Ext.list.Tree?
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Apr 21, 2017 at 5:21 PM.
    Hello @sveins12!

No, there isn't. There's the TreePanel though.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello!

You still didn't reply to this thread, but we found we already have a feature listed about supporting this component and we'll escalate support for it so that it is made available next release. Please follow github issue #958 if you want to get updates on the feature!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello again!

Just as a small update, we will be releasing the component next Ext.NET release, 4.7.0. There were some difficulties getting this component to work, as it came from a different inheritance tree and needed to support store references.
    Fabrício Murta

Hi, Fabricio

That is the good news that I have been waiting for!

I am testing the component now, but I cannot find a Render-listener like on the other components. Is this by design or is it going to come?

Best regards
    Hello @sveins12, and thanks for your interest on the component. Well, rather the widget.

As it is meant to be simple, it does not come all the inheritance path to such events. They are simply not wired up to the component, and I'm talking Ext JS level, as you can see in the documentation (enable viewing inherited entities).

That is literally due to the fact it is not an Ext.Component (in the classh hierarchy tree), but an Ext.Widget, meant to be lightweight, simple, and not implement lots of the functionality its equivalent Ext.tree.Panel does.

That said, anything you miss from the simple tree widget, you'll probably miss it because what you need is a full-fledged [b]TreePanel[b].

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Thank you for the clearification. I was just curious. The lightweight widget is just what I need.

By the way, the expander-icons seems to disappear when using other themes than Triton.
    Hello @sveins12, and yes, the font-awesome icons will not be granted in other themes that do not include the font.

Sencha did something in their examples to wire up the CSS and font for all themes; I didn't double-check it, but it sure would need a little crafting in the examples to switch from IconCls to simply Icon or wire the font awesome on the examples as well.
    Fabrício Murta
    By the way. It is better not to wire up external icons, because they will cause conflicts.

For example the version of FontAwesome icons that is wired up with the Triton-theme is not complete. So if I refer to the complete icon set from an external resource it will conflict with the one included in Ext.NET.

I attach an image showing one line of CSS in Triton theme that messes up the whole thing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ExtNetCss.PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	25178

So please don't include external icons in the themes!

Thank you!! :)
    Hello @sveins12

I believe you are wrong. As wrong as I've been while we were assembling Ext.NET 4.7. Please review this thread opened about the time you responded here; it gets to the verdict of the missing icons matter: Tree List IconCls not showing in several themes.
    Fabrício Murta
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast