[CLOSED] Gridpanel change page size problem

[CLOSED] Gridpanel change page size problem

Hi all!
    In this example:
    https://examples4.ext.net/#/GridPane...rayWithPaging/

When the gridpanel page size is changed, I see that the store is reload and the method:
    private void BindData()

is called any times.

I have a problem with one of my page because the query that populate the gridpanel the first time is slowly (~10/15 seconds) and each times that the users want to change the page size, the query is recalled and is very slowly.

There is a method for change the page size without repopulate the store datasource?

Thank you!!

Stefano
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Mar 24, 2017 at 3:32 PM. Reason: No user feedback in 7+ days
    Hello Stefano!

If you use paging with remote data, every time entries per page changes it needs to fetch the data giving the page number and entries per page to the server. This can't be helped.

So if your query is slow what you can possibly do is local (client-side) paging with remote data like in this example:
    - Local Paging with Remote Data

If you don't like the two layers of data selection the only solution would be to do local paging completely, what is usually not viable if your grid has too much data (say, more than 1,000 records to display). I believe that in most cases, if your grid won't list up more than 5,000 entries it would be feasible to move all that to client side.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello Stefano!

It's been some days now since we last replied your inquiry and no feedback from you. Do you still need help with this?

Notice that we may mark this thread as closed if you don't reply in 7+ days from now. But that won't prevent you from posting back when you have time.