[CLOSED] Change Source code and take new Ext.net dll Ext.Net 4.2

[CLOSED] Change Source code and take new Ext.net dll Ext.Net 4.2

Hello,

I downloaded the source code from github and I modified this code block:

if (sm) {
                      if (sm instanceof Ext.grid.selection.SpreadsheetModel) {
                         (sm.grid.ownerGrid || sm.grid).un("selectionchange", this.updateSelection, this);
                         (this.grid.ownerGrid || this.grid).un("selectionchange", this.updateSelection, this);
                      } else {
                          sm.un("selectionchange", this.updateSelection, this);
                      }
    Step 1: Downloaded the source code from github
    Step 2: Open the downloaded source code in Visual Studio 2013 (Ext.NET.vs2013.sln)
    Step 3: Change the code block above to solve the issue reported on the forums about change selection model from spreadsheet to any other selection model
    Step 4: Rebuild Ext.Net vs 2013 solution to get the new Ext.Net dll
    Step 5: Go to "Premium-master\src\bin\Debug" and take the new dll
    Step 6: Open my customized application project that uses the Ext.net tech.
    Step 7: Delete from referenced the old Ext.Net.dll and reference to the new one
    Step 8: Rebuild the solution (my application)
    Step 9: I am getting the errors shown in the attached image. As like that no Ext.net library in my application. Ext.net components and code are not recognized any more.

WE ARE ROLLING BACK NOW TO EXT.NET 4.1

Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	153 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	24834
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Mar 10, 2017 at 6:16 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello @Geovision!

From Ext.NET 4.1 to 4.2 you should also update the Newtonsoft.Json reference to latest nuget package. Some setting in your current Web.config (like assemblyBinding) might also be forcing library search to Ext.NET 4.1 and not loading 4.2 at all.

EDIT: By the way, if we're talking about issue #1422 (http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?61724), you don't need to make any changes once you pull master from github as it has been fixed already. Well, if the fix does not work for you for some reason, just let us know! We tested the sample testcase provided in the issue and it worked just fine after the fix.

If the code block you changed in Ext.NET was in a javaScript file, you should run src/Build/BuildScripts/BuildJs.bat to refresh the minified and merged javascript files -- and then build/rebuild so it can pack the refreshed javascript files in the .dll.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 03, 2017 at 2:41 PM.
    Hello,

I have my running application using Ext.net 4.2 libraries downloaded from ext.net web site.
    From the source code. if I open the master project downloaded from github. I opened the project and rebuild it to get the Ext.net.dll file updated from master projects "Premium-master\src\bin\Debug". I replace the new compiled dll from the source code in my project but also getting same errors knowing that assemblies binding in web.config are updated as follow:

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-9.0.0.0" newVersion="9.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Ext.Net.Utilities" publicKeyToken="2c34ac34702a3c23" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.5.0" newVersion="2.5.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Transformer.NET" publicKeyToken="e274d618e7c603a7" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.1.1" newVersion="2.1.1" />
          </dependentAssembly>

</assemblyBinding>
    Please if you can provide me step by step the procedure.

Thank you
    Hello @geovision! This looks right!

Your step-thru also looks right, I think that there must be something specific in your project that is not effectively allowing the built Ext.NET DLL to be actually linked to the project.

I believe that, if you expand the 'references' of your project, you should see the Ext.NET entry icon with an yellow exclamation mark.

One thing I think of is, there may be conditionals in the .csproj file which could be forcing the library not to load. Sometimes when the .csproj file has conditionals, visual studio is "tricked" into changing the wrong block and the change does not make it when the project is effectively parsed or just is loaded in an inconsistent state. Again, this is just a thought.

Maybe the best way to find the issue on the upgrade process for your project could be using an auxiliary project working with the new version. For that you could do this:
    1. create a new project and install latest (v4.2.0) Ext.NET from NuGet. (don't build the project yet)
    2. just copy over the DLL files you built inside the nuget package it installed to your test project
    3. make a test page that will use the feature you changed (just to make sure the changed DLL is effective)

From that point, you can compare both projects to see what's wrong.

Oh, and there's also this alternative -- but it will require you to basically build in release mode.

When you build the project in release mode, it should (let us know if it doesn't) create NuGet packages under src/bin/NuGet. You can either point that directory to a local nuget packages repository or copy the files over the folder of your local NuGet packages repository if you have any. Then install -that- NuGet package (you probably should temporarily disable NuGet.org repo lookups).

You could try this also on your main project. That would be best way to use your self-built Ext.NET version. Drawback is, it makes the NuGet packages only from the Release version with no debugging symbols. You still can overwrite the .DLL files from the package in your project after you install it from the local repo -- and then step in debugging Ext.NET from your project.

I hope one of the options above help you. If not, let us know!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello @Geovision!

Do you still need help on this thread? Been a while since we replied here and still no feedback from you.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert