[CLOSED] Dynamically populating Lists/Nested Lists

[CLOSED] Dynamically populating Lists/Nested Lists

Hi

I am trying to create a nested list and populate it dynamically.
    I need to let the user pick some filters and based on those fetch data(ideally via DirectMethod?) and populate the nested list.
    Most of the examples I find deals with loading static data when the page loads.
    And I'm not sure how to relate the js in the touch documentation to the asp controls in ext.net mobile.

Can you help with an example, and/or an example using custom list item templates?
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 10, 2017 at 7:35 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello @ampathdev!

First, don't rely on Sencha touch documentation, it may be outdated in many aspects. Whenever referring to the JavaScript side, use Sencha ExtJS Modern Toolkit documentation. This is the same docs for the classic (original/desktop) one, but in the API docs, you click the 'modern' button/switch. Actually if you load the ExtJS docs from http://docs.sencha.com/, by default the API docs take you to the modern toolkit.

Well, anyway, here's the docs on ExtJS 6.0.2 modern toolkit: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.0.2/modern/Ext.html

You may notice that this is not the latest version of ExtJS but, for now, rely on 6.0.2 which is the ExtJS api version that currently governs Ext.NET. We will soon release Ext.NET Mobile 4.2.0 with ExtJS 6.2.1 included.

About your problem, I don't think there is a problem with it aside the lack of an example showing exactly how to do that. Are you also loading the nested list as an user control, or a standalone sample should do? I believe that would be just a matter of adding the "cards" to the nested list from code behind.

Maybe we could get you a better lead if you drafted the sample (a standalone aspx file maybe? or are you using mvc?) with as far as you can get, then we advise you how to get the missing aspects working?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello @ampathdev!

Do you still need help with this issue?
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM.