Ext.net 6.2 final release

Ext.net 6.2 final release

This is my first post in the forums:

First at all, I want to ask the next:

1) Actually there is available the Ext.NET 4.1.0 (Includes Ext JS 6.0.2 commercial). But if you check in this sencha post https://www.sencha.com/store/extjs/#CompareSenchaExtJS it say there are version Standard, Pro and Premium. My question is, which version is it included en Ext.Net?

2) The next public release will be Ext.NET 4.2.0. (Q4 2016). Do you have an specific date for the final release of the 4.2.0 version?

3) Why there are more webforms examples than mvc? Any special reason?

Thanks for the time you dedicate to respond.

Looking forward to Ext.NET version 4.2 release

Looking forward to Ext.NET version 4.2 release, I have suggested that the company order Ext.NET.
    By the way, Any agency in China?
    Hello @goga21cn! Welcome to Ext.NET forums and thanks for the interest in our product!

1) Actually there is available the Ext.NET 4.1.0 (Includes Ext JS 6.0.2 commercial). But if you check in this sencha post https://www.sencha.com/store/extjs/#CompareSenchaExtJS it say there are version Standard, Pro and Premium. My question is, which version is it included en Ext.Net?
    Neither of those. Ext.NET is shipped with ExtJS 6.0.2 (or 6.2.1 when Ext.NET 4.2.0 is out) commercial license shaped specifically for use with Ext.NET. You can use ExtJS and Sencha CMD with the ExtJS sources you get with the package, but you are not eligible to write ExtJS-only applications (and host+run them separate from Ext.NET, like in different projects, websites, etc).

For example, you are entitled to build your website using Ext.NET and run it on an ASP.NET webserver. But by owning Ext.NET it does not mean you can just extract ExtJS JavaScript files, host them somewhere, and run it without any Ext.NET interaction.

Of course, as long as you are on an environment with ASP.NET and Ext.NET (where you write C#, WebForms and/or MVC pages with ASPX or Razor syntax), you can also use client-side javascript programming to draw some components when required. Several examples in our examples explorers shows usage of both Ext.NET server-side coding and also some client-side (javascript) programming for some webpage interactions or user interface customization that would rather be resolved without a server ajax call or full postback.

Our FAQ has a couple more questions you may ask yourself about licensing, it is not extensive so worth taking a quick look.

2) The next public release will be Ext.NET 4.2.0. (Q4 2016). Do you have an specific date for the final release of the 4.2.0 version?
    We are working on the 4.2.0 release right now but we don't have a specific date for its release yet.

3) Why there are more webforms examples than mvc? Any special reason?
    Usually we only write a given MVC example either to demonstrate a major feature or when it really introduces a new aspect to the programming or technique. For example, partial view (partial dynamic rendering) is something very different from what we would use in WebForms versions, so we got a whole category for these examples. Some other examples need a very different way to catch data to display on, say, a GridPanel. But when things start to become redundant, just mechanical translation from WebForms' ASPX syntax to RazorView syntax, we don't really bother translating the examples. If they don't really introduce something new, it would not really be hard for one to read the WebForms version and run it in MVC. Worst case, there would be lots of other examples that already do what it takes to port one example from WebForms to MVC.

So the choice was just not to be redundant with samples that don't introduce new features, yet moving over highlights to major features.

By the way, Any agency in China?
    I understand this question as if there's some physical representation of Ext.NET sales, an Object.NET (Ext.NET's company name) office. The answer is no. All acquisition information is made available at our store page and we offer means for people/companies anywhere in the world to purchase Ext.NET. Well, at least as far as we know or can handle. I personally never heard of a restriction in given countries that can prevent companies from purchasing and using Ext.NET.

I hope the explanations above are clear, but let us know if you still have any questions about Ext.NET!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert

Thanks for the information

I have read your response, thank you. Only I have one final question, specifically I need to know if the commercial version of Extjs included in Ext.net has the plugins: pivot data grid, exporter, etc, i.e. the ones doesnt have the pro version.

Thanks again, and merry xmas.
    Hello @tonylatammx!

I am afraid the ExtJS license included with Ext.NET is the standard, commercial use license, which does not enable the sencha-side premium features like the ones you mentioned (pivot, exporter, d3, to name some).

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta

How can I add the plugins

Thanks again. Is there a way for adding those plugins(pivot, exporter,etc) to the extjs version that is shipped with ext.net?
    Hello!

I will have to double-check this information! I got word that if the plug ins are included with the commercial package bundled to Ext.NET then they are allowed to be used with Ext.NET, and that seems to be at least the case of the new Calendar component. I'll check the other plug ins, seems the Exporter and D3 adapter are also new with the Calendar, and maybe the Pivot grid was also included.

Please hold on while we get a better response for you regarding this.

But responding your direct inquiry, if the component is not included, then Ext.NET can't make you eligible to use it. You can see it as if the component is another product not related to ExtJS at all, but written and sold by the same Sencha company.
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello again!

Unfortunately those items are not included in Ext.NET license and will not be available:
    - Ext.calendar.*
    - Ext.pivot.*
    - Ext.d3.*
    - Ext.exporter.*

If there's an additional feature you wonder if it is going to make it to Ext.NET, please let us know. Sencha sells those plug ins separately and we have Legal restrictions that prevent us from implementing support from them unless they become part of the sencha ExtJS commercial package.
    Fabrício Murta
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    This is due to China's financial management of the law, the procurement of goods need to issue invoices, if there is no agent will be involved in the import of goods, China Customs and so on, more trouble.
    I do not know that I did not understand (I use translation tools translated), in short, there is no Chinese agent, then the formal company procurement process is very troublesome.