[CLOSED] Cookies

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[CLOSED] Cookies

Hello

Is there a way how to add additional cookie to direct method call?

And how to read Cookies ? Ext.util.Cookies is not present

Thanks
    Zdenek
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 21, 2017 at 2:57 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello @Zdenek!

I think Sencha just forgot to move the class to Core (common to Classic and Modern) and the feature went missing. But rather, it probably didn't happen because there will be changes necessary in order for the class to work with the modern API.

I see this open thread in Sencha since july 2015: Ext.util.Cookies belongs to classic toolkit.

There's a chance just copypasting the class from Ext.NET (not mobile) would work just fine. You can find the Ext.util.Cookie in a separate file under src/Build/Ext.Net/extjs/extjs-sources/classic/classic/src/util/Cookies.js in the Ext.NET source package.

Worth a try?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    OK
    is there a chance to add cookie to direct method request?

(basically I want to read cookies from one domain and send those to another domain)

Thanks
    Hello Zdenek!

Wouldn't that be a matter of fetching the cookie and passing it to the direct method as parameter? And for a direct event encapsulated with the form with ExtraParameters?
    Fabrício Murta
    Well - that something else I would say - for example for Formsauthentication - cookie must be present already before it touch any handler
    Well, I don't see any problem using cookies server-side with Ext.NET Mobile. But I wonder what's the scenario you are in and in which way you want to use cookies. Maybe if you give an example on how you are using it we can help you figure out how to handle it. Still, maybe it is a good shot before to just try to import Ext.util.Cookies as pointed above.
    Fabrício Murta
    OK
    probably there is easier soution to that

[b]EDIT: Original post moved to new thread under: Tying a Ext.NET Mobile application to an Ext.NET application
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Dec 13, 2016 at 1:27 PM.
    Hello @Zdenek!

So, the original question was about using cookies on Ext.NET Mobile, right?..

I believe your last post deviated to something else. Something like "Tying a Ext.NET Mobile application to an Ext.NET application". Am I right with this assumption? If so, would you mind if we moved your last post to a new thread? And then (again, if I am correct that the subject is changing -- maybe I misunderstood something) you leave a response here for the actual problem we discussed about just using cookies with Ext.NET.

Your follow-up seems very interesting and challenging, and seems you are partly done with it. We would love to try and help you figure it out!
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello
    Sure my last post is above scope of this and more threads will come - but ok - let's try to get this answered first

So is there a way how to send additional cookie ( as a cookie not as a parameters) together with particular direct method call from client? (in ext.net.mobile)
    Hello @ZDenek!

I don't think, again, there are problems using cookies in code behind at all. Can you please provide a test case on how you are using it? I can access Request.Cookies["cookie_name"] with no issues from here.
    Fabrício Murta
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast