[CLOSED] Grid - Row Commands doesn't render for some rows when scrolling too fast

[CLOSED] Grid - Row Commands doesn't render for some rows when scrolling too fast

Hi Support,

I'm working with Grid but sometimes controls and Row Commands (Edit and Delete) doesn't render for some rows when scrolling too fast. This happens even when records are just around 100 so it's not like issue is large data.

What should I do to resolve this issue ? I'll post sample code later if necessary.

Thank you
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Dec 01, 2016 at 9:37 PM.
    Hello @Fahd!

I'm afraid this has been an issue for some time now. The CommandColumn is not designed for reasonably large data as it is slow to render the components as the view is scrolled.

Please follow this thread (and its corresponding github issue) to track the status of the issue:

- CommandColumn not rendering

EDIT: disabling buffered rendering of the grid panel effectively stops the constant re-rendering of displayed rows and eliminates the problem, by the cost of a more heavy page (as it preloads all rows). BufferedRenderer="false" on the grid panel definition.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Nov 29, 2016 at 9:00 PM.

Resolves rendering issue

Thanks Fabricio,

Changing Command column to ImageCommand helped, It renders much faster and rendering issue appears to be resolved for now. But scroll bar still behave little finicky when scroll too fast.

Also I'd same render issue with other grid which uses component column to render ComboBox. Is there any work around for that ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Fahd; Nov 30, 2016 at 6:58 PM.
    Hello! Did you try the BufferedRenderer setting mentioned above? It would preload everything and should allow the scrollbar to behave better.

Other than that, I can suggest you using pager, limiting the scrollbar length and the amount of components on screen (which ultimately makes the page heavier and heavier).
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert

Resolved

Thanks again, setting BufferedRenderer to False resolved the scrolling and Component rendering issue. Please Close this thread.
    Hello! Glad it helped! It really felt like you skipped it the last reply you provided. Thanks for the feedback!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert