[OPEN] [#1397] [4.1.0] Annoying ellipsis in Safari Versión 10.0 (12602.1.50.0.10)

[OPEN] [#1397] [4.1.0] Annoying ellipsis in Safari Versión 10.0 (12602.1.50.0.10)

Hello,

In Safari Versión 10.0 (12602.1.50.0.10), in this example: https://examples4.ext.net/#/Buttons/...roup/Overview/, with theme "blue", all buttons text appears cut and with ellipsis
    Hello @FVNoel!

I've confirmed your issue using safari with a MacBook Pro. Do your device also has retina support? I suspect this issue happens due to the font scaling inherent to the HiDPI display technology related to Retina display capable devices.

The ellipsis are not limited (in that example at least) to the blue theme, but happens also in other themes like Crisp and Gray, didn't check all themes though.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello,

I'm using Mac mini (late 2012) with MacOS Sierra 10.12.

Thanks for fast answering.
    I'm not sure mac minis can be just attached to retina displays and use their hidpi settings. Just to clear up, are you using retina display on your mac set up? But as being 2012 model, probably its graphics processor can't handle that high resolution, so am I safe to assume you are not using retina display settings on your side?
    Fabrício Murta
    I was able to reproduce the problem too. Safari only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-11-03 14.35.52.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	24777
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hello @FVNoel!

I'm afraid the first research about this issue revealed the problem is really with the underlying ExtJS framework. They have an issue open since 2015 here: Safari Gray theme button text issue.

We'll take a look on it, nevertheless, to check if there are some CSS values that are overridden when using safari and/or retina display. If there's some simple workaround to compensate the difference when the client is safari, we will let you know here.

An issue under #1397 was created to track down this problem! We will update here as soon as we have news (hopefully better) about it!

Thanks for reporting the issue!
    Fabrício Murta