Dynamic window title

Dynamic window title

I'm trying to set a window title dynamically on page load. I want the text to come from a combobox showing the selected text. I can't for the life of me figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

RE: Dynamic window title

Hi Phil,

Can you post a simplified .aspx code sample demonstrating how you currently have things configured? The Window has a .Title property, but the setting the value based on a value entered by a user in a ComboBox is not possible until after the initial Page_Load. So, you would have to update the Title either client-side, or make a request back to the server, after initial Page_Load.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thanks Geoffrey, that makes sense now. I've been trying to do it on page load. However that is before any user interaction with the combobox. The combobox displays a value corresponding to the user's department after logging in. I will have to perform a post back after the page loads.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update.

I would recommend avoiding the PostBack and tap into an AjaxEvent (DirectEvent in v1.0) instead. An AjaxEvent basically performs an "Ajax PostBack", and avoids having to do a full refresh of the browser page.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder