An 'a not known element' error occured when I use 'CartesianChart'

An 'a not known element' error occured when I use 'CartesianChart'

I’m using visual studio 2015 in Chinese , so maybe I translate some hints wrong.

1.I add 'CartesianChart' to a website project(.net 3.5) created by my colleague , it showed 'CartesianChart' is not known element.I change the environment to .net 4.0 and use ext .net 4.1, but the same error.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ图片20161013112644.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	24767

2.I created a new website project, set the environment to .net 4.0 and ext .net 4.1 and test 'CartesianChart', it worked perfectly.

3.So I think the error caused by some configuration. Then I copy the code in packages.config、Web.config from the new project to the old, the same error.

4.I also try to copy the files from the old project to the new, some error occurred:
    â‘*CS1061:'Ext.Net.ColumnBase' does not include the define of 'Header', and can't find any method 'Header' which takes 'Ext.Net.ColumnBase' type as the first parameter(is not lack of using or reference of assembly?)
    â‘¡'ComboBox' does not include the define of 'SelectedIndex', and can't find any method 'SelectedIndex' which takes 'ComboBox' type as the first parameter(is not lack of using or reference of assembly?)
    â‘¢And there is a another problem, theme = 'Triton' worked perfectly in the new project, but is showed theme hasn't this element in the old project(same .net 4.0, same ext .net 4.1, same web.config and package.config). I just can't figure it out!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ图片20161013142553.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	24768

I couldn't find any discussion about this problem on google, so help me please!
    Last edited by eko; Oct 13, 2016 at 6:27 AM.
    Hello @eko!

.NET 3.5 is not supported anymore for current Ext.NET version, I'm afraid. Premium subscription users can still build Ext.NET with support to .NET 3.5. I am not sure there is a way to just run a .NET 3.5 project and force-bind it, but I really doubt so.

So, to test Ext.NET, you are required to run it on a project at least .NET 4.0 or newer. Well, .NET Core (the open source one) is still not supported either, so .NET from 4.0 to 4.6 should work.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi, @fabricio.murt

I already konw this reason. But what made me confused is that the project built on .net 3.5 but how can I change it to .net 4.0 and ext 4.1 and it still worked!! So I think the dll files did not change actually, but why the visual studio let me change and also showed it had changed? It's so odd.

By the way, I solve the problem by create another website which set to .net 4.0 and ext 4.1, and link the old website to the new.

Anyway, thanks for your answering!
    Well, thanks for the feedback, and glad you could sort out the issue! :)
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert