[CLOSED] EXT.NET and EXT.NET Mobile together

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] EXT.NET and EXT.NET Mobile together

Hello,
    it is possible in some way bring together EXT.NET and EXT.NET Mobile in the same project (visual studio 2015, and Web Forms)?

Of course I mean not together on the same page, but used in different pages.

Thank you
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Nov 16, 2016 at 3:14 PM.
    It may be possible somehow, but this is not something we have tested, nor support as a feature of the Ext.NET frameworks.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi @ADV,
    could you achieve to run Ext.Net and Ext.Net.Mobile together on same project?
    we are trying on mvc project but we couldnt. i had post a topic also,
    https://forums.ext.net/showthread.ph...-was-not-found

Would you please share your experiences, which configs did you have changed?
    I actually got it working by setting cleanResourceUrl="false" on both configs (extnet and extnetmobile).

( And handling some conflicts in namespaces by using includes and mvc-areas )

:)
    Last edited by sveins12; Jun 13, 2017 at 8:22 PM.
    Hi @sveins12,

Thanks for your answer, let me ask you some details,
    Did you faced "ItemTag validation (_tkn_1): Reference token (ext.net.global.icons) was not found." error.
    Did you set cleanResourceUrl="false" to get rid of this error or something else?
    Is your project WebForms or Mvc, which versions of Ext.Net.dll did you used?
    Could you please post your web.config's extnet sections.

thanks for your help
    I am using Ext.NET 4.2 and Ext.NET.Mobile 4.1. I pointed to the DLLs directly without using Nuget package.

Here are the config sections:
       <extnet scriptMode="Release" cleanResourceUrl="false" theme="Gray" sourceFormatting="false" ...
       <extnetmobile scriptMode="Release" cleanResourceUrl="false" sourceFormatting="false"...
    I set cleanResourceUrl="false" to avvoid something that seems like a conflict between these modules/handlers:
    <system.webServer>
        <modules>
          <add name="DirectRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" />     
          <add name="DirectRequestModuleM" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Ext.Net.Mobile.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net.Mobile" /> 
        </modules>
        <handlers>
          <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" />
          <add name="DirectRequestHandlerM" verb="*" path="*/ext-mobile.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.Mobile.ResourceHandler" />      
        </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
    It seems like Ext.NET and Ext.NET.Mobile are using different version of Newtonsoft.Json, so I had to make a binding redirect in web.config to get around it, like this:
    <runtime>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-9.0.0.0" newVersion="9.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
    </runtime>
    I am using MVC so I haven't faced the "ItemTag" problem which you are mentioning, at least not yet, but it sounds like you have several namespaces included. Check in your "web.config"s for elements like this:

<pages>
        <namespaces>
            <add namespace="Ext.Net" />
            <add namespace="Ext.Net.MVC" />
    They will cause conflicts between Ext.NET and Ext.NET.Mobile if the descending files (forms and views) are using both mobile and classic Ext. My recommendation is to delete them first, and include the needed namespaces in your form.
    Last edited by sveins12; Jun 15, 2017 at 12:05 AM.