[CLOSED] Add a custom theme Ext.js to Ext.Net

[CLOSED] Add a custom theme Ext.js to Ext.Net

Hi guys, with a license of ext.net i can create a custom ext.js theme?? How do implemnt into ext.net project??

Regards.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Sep 17, 2016 at 12:32 AM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello @dlanza! Welcome to Ext.NET forums!

Yes, you can have your own customized theme using Ext.NET. Easier way would be to just edit one of the existing ones. Creating one anew would be rather a challenge, I believe.

There are some approaches I can think of:
    - lightly intrusive: create .css includes on your website to just change which rules you want to achieve the new look & feel
    - median intrusive: edit an existing theme using Ext.NET sources. Will require learning as some scripts need to be run in order to re-embed the updated resources in the output .NET DLL file.
    - highly intrusive: copypaste an existing theme into a new directory, create its bindings to Ext.NET core so that it can be chosen from the settings (like Web.config and ResourceManager) and edit everything. Will require a reasonable in-depth understanding of the Ext.NET core to attain.

Both median and highly intrusive approaches will also require a good skill on version control systems (git, essentially) in order to merge newly developed functionalities and updates without breaking the whole code.

The disadvantage of the lightly intrusive approach is having CSS rules defined twice while loading pages, but the overhead may be little if there's not many many changes to the theme.

Well, I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    I use Sencha CMD to generate a custom theme,but its a trial, i can use the license of ext.net for this pourpose?? If that its possible, i only need to add the generated css and assets to ext.net project and link to the css resource??
    Hello @dlanza!

Well, your question looks very similar to this recent question about Ext.NET licensing and Sencha Architect: Ext.Net/ExtJs Licensing quesion.

So, if Sencha CMD is a different product, licensed separately from ExtJS, and Ext.NET license will not make you eligible to use Sencha CMD. Ext.NET 4 license includes ExtJS 6 licenses, valid for both the classic and modern variants of ExtJS.

I will escalate the question to someone more suited for answering lincesing-related questions and we'll give you a more definitive feedback on licese for the theme building with Sencha CMD.
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello again, @dlanza!

Good news, I have official confirmation that holders of Ext.NET 4 licenses are eligible for using the Sencha CMD tool!

Well, but it is true that we do not distribute the Sencha CMD tool itself within our Ext.NET package nor source code (the latter is available for premium subscription users!). I wonder then "how trial" is the copy of Sencha CMD you are using. Do you have effective limitations to it (limited functionalities), or does it just imply to you public usage and legal limitations?
    Fabrício Murta
    Hello! We didn't hear back from you for some days already. Did the above help you at all?
    Fabrício Murta