[CLOSED] Button Menu in Toolbar shown behind PDF Viewer

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out what's causing this problem (check image):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MenuPDFViewerProblem.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	24710

As you can see from the Chrome version, that's what is suppose to happen, but when loading the project with Internet Explorer or Firefox, the Menu is shown behind the PDF Viewer, how comes?

Thanks in advance.
    Hello! Well, I'm not sure we can handle it from Ext.NET side. You know, the PDF viewer component is but an extension installed on the browser. IE probably just decided it should be in front of everything else and we'll probably unable to reproduce the issue on our side as the PDF extension used might just not be the same installed on our side.

You may try to fiddle with the z-index of the container or 'embed' tag used to add the PDF, and try to adjust it to a value high enough not to show behind the panel but let the menu show in front of it, but that's something that is possibly even ignored by the PDF viewer browser extension!..

I'm afraid the best we can suggest you to do is 'inspect element' and try to fiddle with the CSS settings on the PDF frame, and see if you can manipulate it somehow. :(

Here's a stack overflow question related to your problem: z-index does not work in Internet Explorer with pdf in iframe. It may help deciding on what's best to do: adapt the page with it or do something else.

I tend to believe that using a javascript PDF renderer will be the best solution to have a portable version of a PDF viewer, but there are the challenges and research involved in the best tools to use. If you search forums you will find a couple threads about this. I remember I tried a javascript interface for PDF once and shared the usage in a thread with a similar "show PDF in panel" problem.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert