[CLOSED] Customising Ext.Net Neptune theme

[CLOSED] Customising Ext.Net Neptune theme

Hi

I have a requirement where I need to customise the base Neptune theme color and font. I have googled a bit and cant seem to find the easiest way to solve this. I know with Sencha there is tools but would these work for Ext.net. Also I am using Ext.net 2.5 so which version of Sencha js would this correspond to.

Regards
    Hello @fesuban!

As for Ext.NET 2.5, the corresponding ExtJS version is 4.2.1.

You can use Sencha tools to customize your theme and then integrate it to Ext.NET, replacing the files inside.

Unfortunately, the process is not really straightforward but once done, a second time and so on would be easier. Speacially if you are just changing over an existing theme and not creating a new one, which would also require care with the themes enum update, for example.

I'd say you'd be safer, for starters, to just override the .css classes the way you like them (would be easier for change-and-testing) and only then bother integrating with the resources-bound theme files. Actually, if you override just a couple theme classes, maybe that's not even worthy integrating, but using a standalone CSS file.

To infer which CSS class you need to override what, you can just use your browser's DOM explorer and debugger. Of course, running the project in debug mode so you get nicer formatted code. Loading the resources corresponding to the theme's CSS in browser's debugging tool can be a shortcut to see the effective CSS file pulled from Ext.NET.dll.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio

Thanks for the response. Forgive my ignorance here because I am usually not involved in UI development and rather more backend stuff. But do you have an example CSS file if I simply want to override the base color of the theme and the base font?

Regards,
    Faheem
    Hello! Sorry for the delay!

We don't really have a sample but this shouldn't be difficult. Well, it can't be helped though, the change must be made from CSS and some CSS expertise or training must be involved in the process.

Did you try it and it didn't work? If you are having trouble overriding the CSS, mind to create a simple example and point exactly what you want to change? If stuck on that, at least we could try giving you some directions on how to change it for your liking, then I'm sure you'll be able to go further on the customization on your own.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert