[CLOSED] GridPanel, save and restore Collapsed state

[CLOSED] GridPanel, save and restore Collapsed state

Hi,

how can I save the collapsed state of a gridpanel contained in a Viewport with Layout = "BorderLayout"?

Thank you
    Hello @ADV!

You can do that using state storing, normally via cookies, but there are also options to save using session, which can also be bound to data saved in a database (more complexity).

Here's an example saving drag positions on items in cookies: Drag & Drop - Advanced - Drag with state.

And here's a discussion on the topic about saving state on grid panels also: Saving state of application components.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thank you,

i solved by

<GetState Handler="var state = {}; state.LC = #{GridPanelLedgers}.collapsed; return state;" />
    <Listeners>
        <BeforeStateRestore Handler="#{GridPanelLedgers}.collapsed = state.LC;" />
    </Listeners>
    "state" is referred to its own gridpanel.

How can i store in generic localstorage a text value, accessible from all pages?
    Hello @ADV!

Glad you could solve the collapsed state, and thanks for sharing the solution that works for you!

But I'm not sure what you mean with your following question

How can i store in generic localstorage a text value, accessible from all pages?
    Not sure what to say but if the question is not really related to the initial question of this thread, would you mind creating a new thread? Regardless of that, can you make a test case illustrating what you want to store and elaborate on the generic localstorage term?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert