Sencha Touch and Ext.NET

Sencha Touch and Ext.NET

We currently have a Ext.NET 3 license AND Sencha Touch license (single dev - lapsed support).

The problem is that we really like the sencha touch as the controls are specific for mobile. While Ext.NET is good, we found issues in the grids with drag/drop, cant minimize/maximize and long touch doesnt work properly, etc in v3... We have open Bugs that are not yet fixed.

If I buy an Ext.NET 4 license, I understand that we are also buying an ExtJS license (hence massive price increases with min. 5 user license). What ExtJslicense is it? Since Sencha merged Touch to ExtJs in V6, would the EXT.NET license then entitle us to use Touch? If i bought ExtJs separately, i would get Touch. I would hope so, please comment.

Lastly, if i owned a ExtJs 6 license, would EXT.Net offer a license model of JUST Ext.NET 4 cost since we already pay for the ExtJs. It isn't fair to make us pay twice for the same software.

Please comment.
    Thanks,
    /Z
    Does the extjs6 modern toolkit solve this problem? So ext.net 4 with modern toolkit is same as sencha touch now?
    /Z
    Hello,

Ext.NET 4 includes both the Modern (formally Sencha Touch) and Classic Ext JS libraries, although those libraries (.js files) cannot be used outside of the context of an Ext.NET app, such as a JavaScript/ExtJS only app.

We will be including support for the Ext JS Modern library (Ext.NET Mobile) very soon, and it will be included with Ext.NET 4.

Lastly, if i owned a ExtJs 6 license, would EXT.Net offer a license model of JUST Ext.NET 4 cost since we already pay for the ExtJs. It isn't fair to make us pay twice for the same software.
    Unfortunately Sencha does not provide us with a license option to separate ExtJS from Ext.NET, so no discount is available.

Hope this helps answer your questions.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    ok. then Ext.Net Mobile would appear to be our long term path. Any ETA? Would it be similar in usage to touch?
    /Z
    Hello @Z!

I can tell you that Ext.NET Mobile is going to be to ExtJS modern the same currently Ext.NET is to ExtJS classic.

API-wise, that is.

That said, while ExtJS modern is clearly the merge of Sencha Touch into ExtJS, there are guaranteed differences between Sencha Touch and ExtJS Modern framework. Those differences will reflect to Ext.NET Mobile as we are based on ExtJS 6 Modern API.

You may expect a number of similarities, but don't rely on Sencha Touch version (which I never personally worked with), but the current Modern Toolkit.

I don't have an ETA about its release, but you can see another discussion about this here: ExtJS Modern API Support

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Ext.NET Mobile - Beta Now Available
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?61329
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 03, 2016 at 1:40 PM.