[CLOSED] Option selection issue with typing on Selectbox in Ext 2.5

[CLOSED] Option selection issue with typing on Selectbox in Ext 2.5

Hi,

I am using EXT 2.5 SelectBox and have issue like whenever i am typing any character eg. 'A' then it moves me to the items starting with 'A' but if i type 'Ar' then it moves me to the items starts with 'R' but i don't want it to go for 'R' it should select the item(s) which is starting with 'AR' eg. Argentina. This feature is available in EXT 4 but not in EXT 2. So I just need to know whether we can implement the same in EXT 2.5 or i have to upgrade to EXT 4.

Link for EXT 2 Selectbox : https://examples2.ext.net/#/Form/ComboBox/SelectBox/

Link for EXT 4 Selectbox : https://examples4.ext.net/#/Form/ComboBox/SelectBox/

Thanks
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; May 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello!

As a premium subscriber you have access to Ext.NET sources, so you have everything you need to extend your Ext.NET version to the needs you have.

But as for our side, there's not much sense in coming back to Ext.NET 2 to add them. Ext.NET 3 by itself is the evolution of Ext.NET 2 with new features and technologies. And so is Ext.NET 4 over Ext.NET 3.

I believe it is possible to develop such functionality back on Ext.NET 2, you have the sources. But we can't assess the difficulty to implement that. It is already done in the newer versions and the old ones are feature-frozen by the reason stated above, not limiting to it.

As for having the specific functionality with Ext.NET 2 series, I believe you have it already, if you check the combo box overview example. I believe you can either use the first combo box example to do what you need ('ar' will filter entries starting with 'ar'), or adjust it for your needs, can't you?

There are a lot of new features on Ext.NET 4, too many to mention here. Touch support to name one. Regardless of the select box functionality, it is always a good idea to follow the new technologies and components we have on latest versions!

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert