[OPEN] [#1305] [4.0.0] Spreadsheet initial selection issue

[OPEN] [#1305] [4.0.0] Spreadsheet initial selection issue

Hi,

There appears to be a bug on making an initial selection of a spreadsheet row in Initial Selection. A row header checkbox gets unchecked intermittently immediately after being checked off. That behavior cannot be reproduced consistently. Using Windows 10 and Google Chrome v.49 for testing.

Edit in:
    I've just observed this issue in the Spreadsheet/Locking/ example. Perhaps, it affects the Spreadsheet design pattern as a whole.
    Last edited by vadym.f; Apr 08, 2016 at 3:48 PM.
    Hello @vadym.f!

Strange enough, I could somehow consistently repeat the behavior.

To reproduce this issue I just click while quickly dragging the mouse outside the checkbox. It eventually will "flash" the checked status and get back to unchecked.

This same trick can be triggered to cells' selection as well, enabling one to effectively clear selection from mouse gestures in the spreadsheet.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    My mouse cursor stayed nearly static during the test (no dragging around) as the issue wouldn't manifest itself consistently in my case. The symptoms that you describe, however, are in line with my experience.
    I couldn't reproduce the issue with a mouse standstill while clicking check boxes.

Logged the issue as #1305 in our issue tracker, we'll need a good deal of investigation to get this tricky issue sorted out.

If you find any deterministic manner to reproduce the issue, please share with us!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello!

A row header checkbox gets unchecked intermittently immediately after being checked off.
    Vadym, may I ask you to elaborate a little on the steps to reproduce? As well I am not sure what to reproduce. "gets unchecked intermittently immediately" - do you mean it is flashing?

Quote Originally Posted by vadym.f
    My mouse cursor stayed nearly static during the test (no dragging around)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricio.murta
    I couldn't reproduce the issue with a mouse standstill while clicking check boxes.
    Maybe you reproduced some different issues... As for clicking and dragging, there is functionality to select/deselect rows/cells if move mouse holding a mouse button. Basing on description I tend to think that Fabricio reproduced a variation of that functionality which, maybe, not a bug...