[CLOSED] Paging Toolbar when filtering

[CLOSED] Paging Toolbar when filtering

Hello,

I have a gridpanel with gridfilter and in the bottom I have the paging toolbar with Paging Toolbar.
    When filtering gridpanel data the Paging Toolbar says that the grid is displaying the number of filtered data and the total of filtered data as show in the attached image. Is there a way to show number of filtered data and the initial total rows. Or can Paging Toolbar text be customized which means I decide what I want to be shown?
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProgressBarPager.PNG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	24550  
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Apr 22, 2016 at 5:19 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello @Geovision!

You can customize shown text by paging toolbar by its various *Text settings. For example, there's AfterPageText and BeforePageText to customize what's shown in the "Page N of M" string.

Hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hello ,

i guess you misunderstood our requirement.
    kindly , when the column filter is applied, our request is to show the Filtered data count out of the Total number of records in the Displaying status bar.

Image 1: is the total Number of records in the Grid Panel
    Image 2 : is the filtered data count

Our Request is to show "image 3:" Displaying Filtered data count out of Total number of records.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Displaying total count .PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	24551Click image for larger version. 

Name:	displaying count after filter.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	24552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image 3 .png 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	24553
    Hello @Geovision!

I still can only think on the same thing. You have to change the display string property of the pager to show what you want. Even if you program deep inside the pager to make this work "natively" you will end up changing the display message on the paging bar.

More specificly you need to change the displayMsg property of the paging toolbar, similarly to this example, but adding the full count of the grid as you want: GridPanel > Paging and Sorting > Page.

I hope this helps. If not, I'm afraid we'll require you to show us an example code of how your grid works and step thru the situation you can't reproduce.
    Fabrício Murta

Hello

If this is the case , can i add a variable in the Paging Toolbar DisplayMsg Property.

ex:
     <ext:PagingToolbar
                        runat="server"
                        DisplayInfo="true"
                        DisplayMsg="Displaying employees  @variable1 out of @Variable2"
                        EmptyMsg="No employees to display"
                        />
    Hello @Geovision!

You have to do so either from JavaScript or C#. For example, you may give the paging toolbar an ID and bind it the updated value as the page loads, for example, in Page_Load() (C#):

PagingToolbar1.DisplayMsg = "Displaying all " + employee.Count + " employees.";
    And when the filter is applied, bind an event to update the message, for example assuming you do from JavaScript:
    App.PagingToolbar1.displayMsg = "Displaying " + filteredCount + " out of " + totalEmpCount + " employees.";
    I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta