[CLOSED] Panel Loader 404 when IIS is down

[CLOSED] Panel Loader 404 when IIS is down

Hello,

i have a loader in an EXT Panel directing to "DataGrid.aspx" . When IIS is down and i click on the panel , the loader will show the 404 page not found.
    Is there any way to check if IIS is down before loading or executing the loader?

Code Example:
    for (var i = 0; i < snapsTitle.length; i++) {
    var pid = "panel" + i;
    var panel = Ext.create('Ext.panel.Panel', {
    title: snapsTitle[i],
    id: pid,
    height: 600,
    flex: 1,
    layout: 'fit',
    baseCls: 'PanelsStyle',
    loader: {
    url: 'DataGrid.aspx',
    renderer: "frame",
    mode: 'frame',
    params: { sanpshotindex: i, Language: ln },
    autoload: true,
    callback: function (img, success, response, opts) {
    if (!success) {
    alert('here');
    }
    }
    }
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Mar 22, 2016 at 11:25 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello @Geovision!

Unfortunately there's no way to retrieve HTTP headers when loading an iframe client-side.

The only way I see this being possible is making a direct method, then from server-side retrieve the address and check headers and, assign to this direct method a success callback performing the load of the iframe. But that's going to mean a number of things:

1. there will be always two requests for the page -- one from the server side, and then (if successfull) one from client browser
    2. if the server is down, the direct method will fail, probably due to time out, and that direct method failure will also need to be handled
    3. there's a small chance (race condition) of the server loading the page successfully and, before the client could load the page, IIS go down and still the undesired contents be displayed to the user.

If you think the direct method approach could help, here's an overview of how to use DirectMethods: DirectMethod overview.

The other examples around this may also provide an insightful experience. I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert