Ext.Net controls sending a lot of data to browser

Ext.Net controls sending a lot of data to browser

Hello. My application uses ext.net controls. Pages are returning data back in MB's to browser. On monitoring the Network tab on IE, it is showing that ext.axd files are retruning close to 2 mb of data. Can you pls help with this that why so much data is returned and is there a way to cache it? I am also attatching a screen-shot of this. Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-4-2016 4-54-48 PM.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	24475
    Hello @dkhandelwal!

The big file is our main script, the underlying javascript framework (ExtJS)! The minified file, in your case -- else it would sum up between 3 and 4 megabytes in size.

Well, the bad news is that getting rid of this file pretty much gets rid of Ext.NET itself. This file contains everything needed to build the pages and controls and it is not selectively loaded, as some controls may be referenced by others indirectly.

As for the good news, this file has to be loaded only once from your website. That is, once the client browser first loads the 1MB file, it will be cached, so subsequent loadings are much faster.

It could be a problem though, if you somehow manually disabled your clients' browser caching completely, but this would mean a terrible performance loss anywhere, not just with Ext.NET websites, so I don't think that's the case here.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks fabricio for your reply but i am still facing the issue. Every time the page is loaded it is sending the files which i mentioned earlier and that is making the application very slow due to the huge size. Can you pls let me know what could be the probable things which i might be missing. Also in the project we have derived custom control from the EXT.Net controls and then using them e.g.
    Public Class CustomButton
    Inherits Ext.Net.Button

Public Sub New()
    End Sub
    Protected Overrides Sub OnInit(ByVal e As EventArgs)

End Sub

<ConfigOption(), DefaultValue(vbFalse)> _
    <Description("Editable Depend Enviroment")> _
    Public Property EditableDependEnviroment() As Boolean
    Get
    End Get
    Set(ByVal value As Boolean)
    End Set
    End Property

End Class

Is this could be the reason?
    Hello @dkhandelwal!

What I can help you with is pointing what are the Ext.NET resources that must be loaded and how big they should be in average.

Is the data you getting much bigger than this? (you can see that in your browser's developer tools, 'network' tab)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60692-enet2ResourcesSize.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	24484

This is the list, ordered by resource size (bigger to smaller) of the first entries when I open Grid Panel - Array - Simple example.

Other than that, it might be specific data queries you are making from code behind, for example bringing too much database data to the page, but with the information you provided I am unable to give it a better guess. If you see much more data on your network traffic (data fetched as described above), maybe you want to share what you see there.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks FabrÃ*cio for your help. My data was coming the same way as you mentioned in your screen shot i.e. one ext file of 1.43 MB and then other ext files which were in KBs. This was showing up in IE developer tool. However when i viewed the page in Mozilla then it was showing files only in KBs and those too related with application (no ext files). So it looks like even for cached ext file IE developer tool was showing them with status 200. For now i think my issue related to this is resolved. Thanks for your help.