[CLOSED] Updating Store from Selected Record in GridPanel

[CLOSED] Updating Store from Selected Record in GridPanel

Hi

I'm sure there must be a simple solution to this but I've spent so much time trying to find it that I need some help.

I have a GridPanel with a Store and I'm using data from that Store to render a ColorPicker

Html.X().Panel().Layout(LayoutType.VBox).Width(70).Cls("borderless-panel").Height(120).Hidden(!(bool)SessionHelper.Clients).Items(
              Html.X().DropDownField().ID("VAColour").PickerAlign("bl").Width(50).Height(30).MarginSpec("10 0 0 0")
                    .Component(c => c.Add(
                           Html.X().Container().Height(200).Width(30).AutoScroll(true)
                           .Items(
                            Html.X().ColorPicker().ID("VA").Width(55).Listeners(l => l.Select.Fn = "colourPickSelectHandler")
                       )
                 )
    ),
    The initial colour of the ColourPicker is set like this:

var selectedRecords = grid.getSelectionModel().getSelection();
            selectedData = selectedRecords[0].data;
              App.VAColour.inputEl.setStyle('color', '#' + selectedData.VAColour);
    When the user selects a different colour I want to be able to update VAColour in the store. I realise I can't just set selectedData but I can't find a way to update the store. It's really frustrating because none of the Ext.js methods seem to work!

Thanks for your help

Jeff
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Mar 22, 2016 at 11:20 PM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello Jeff!

I've tested here on this example: Row Selection in GridPanels. With this code, I could catch the first selected row's record, and update its value in the grid:

var sm = App.GridPanel1.getSelectionModel();
    var sel = sm.getSelection();
    var rec = sel[0];

// at this point, we could get rec.data.PctChange and store somewhere, much like you already do with the color on the picker.

var newValue = 2;

// after we have a new value we want to write and update in the grid, this works:
    rec.set("PctChange", newValue);
    I really hope this is the easy solution out of this problem you were looking for! :)
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks Fabricio

This is what I understood and what I was doing. However, in my particular setup it wasn't working.

I have now discovered why it wasn't working and found a workaround. I think there's probably a bug in there somewhere. Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to replicate it in a simple environment.

Thanks

Jeff
    Hello Jeff!

Just a thought to share then. If you are using groups on your grid panel, there was a recently resolved problem that applied for 3.2.1 and fixed on 3.3.0 and 4.0.0. But I believe you completely switched your project to 3.3.0 already, right?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi Fabricio

Yes, we're using 3.3.0 on all projects now.

Regards

Jeff