[CLOSED] Running Multiple Ext Version On Web Project

[CLOSED] Running Multiple Ext Version On Web Project

Hi,

Can i use two versions of Ext.Net in the same project? My project is written in VB therefore i can not use extern alias.

In order to workaround i tried changed namespaces but i don't have the source code of Ext.Net.Utilities.

Is there any solution for this problem?
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 20, 2016 at 2:27 AM. Reason: no user feedback for 7+ days
    Hello, @vzx!

It is not possible to use different versions of Ext.NET on the same project, because they will conflict namespaces. Also, in production environment, you'd have both DLL conflicts and, if you rename one version's DLLs, then again Namespace conflicts.

You may want to make two projects on the same solution, that would work.

In the end result, the website at production environment, IIS, you can set up different virtual directories that would allow you to have two versions of Ext.NET on the same web site.

I hope this helps!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Hi fabricio.murta,

Thats why I changed namespaces. I change namespace Ext.Net to Ext3.Net and Newtonsoft.Json to Newtonsoft.Json7. Now I have no namespace conflicts. Everything is working fine.

However, since I dont have Ext.Net.Utilities project, I only for Ext.Net.Utilities, I used Il Assembler to change
    Ext.Net.Utilities to Ext3.Net.Utilities. Again, there is no compile error but at run time I got the error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Ext3.Net.Utilities' or one of its dependencies. Strong name signature could not be verified. The assembly may have been tampered with, or it was delay signed but not fully signed with the correct private key. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131045)
    Is it possible I can get the source code of Ext.Net.Utilities in order to compile with custom namespace?

Thanks
    https://github.com/extnet/Utilities

or,

https://github.com/objectdotnet/Utilities

Those two libraries are basically the same library, but we moved @extnet/Utilities to @objectdotnet/Utilities and renamed. I'm not sure which one you'll require, but in the future, all releases of Ext.NET will include the @objectdotnet/Utilities package and @extnet/Utilities will be removed.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder