[CLOSED] Infinity!

[CLOSED] Infinity!

Support,

I set a store PageSize="0" and the paging toolbar will say "1 of Infinity".

I modified the PagingToolbar for "DisplayMsg="Displaying {2} results" and i just want it to have 1 page. Please update EXT to render this case a little nicer.

Thanks,
    /Z
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Feb 08, 2016 at 7:54 PM.
    Hello @Z!

That's an interesting use of the PageSize value. Actually it gives "Infinity" as counting the total page number is a matter of total_records / PageSize and at first, we couldn't see a situation where a PageSize=0 could be used, as no data is meant to be display nevertheless.

Can you provide an use case where PageSize=0 is used?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    We have a page that I want all records on 1 page. Use pagination since I like refresh tool and the label for total size. Allows our app to have uniform feel. I pagesize to 0 and set limit to "undefined".
    Thxs
    /Z
    Hello @Z!

I believe for this case a more appropriate control could be either the StatusBar (example), or just a panel's <BottomBar>. I am pretty sure you can attain the same look and feel without adding the extra pagination plugin's overhead.

But if your preference is to use the PagingToolbar hiding the paging controls, you should also use something like AfterPageText="" to hide that '-Infinite' text. I believe you are also hiding all other controls like current page number, buttons, all but the refresh button, right?

Can you share a picture of how your window looks like?
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    the AfterPageText="" is perfect and does exactly what i needed. I prefer to keep all pages exactly the same for maintainability.
    pls close
    /Z