EXT.NET 1.3 directEvents & directMethods

EXT.NET 1.3 directEvents & directMethods

Hello Team,

I am using EXT.NET 1.3 version and it was working fine on Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6 on SSL. But suddenly it stops working and all JavaScript events gives me an error either communication failure or Transaction Aborted etc. Please help me to resolve the same.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Sanjeev Sharma
    Hello @sanjumodgil! Welcome to Ext.NET forums!

Unfortunately, with the information you provided, it is pretty hard to guess what's going on. This probably is a setting on Web.config or IIS itself that went out of place, or maybe an overloaded application pool... Maybe, try creating a new APP Pool and binding the website to that APP Pool -- so there's only the Ext.NET website running on top of that pool.

Ext.NET 1.3 is rather old, given the last version on that release was 1.7, but by your description, this might not be the problem -- as it already worked.

You should also experiment running the website on your development environment, with debugger attached, but if the reason is really a misconfiguration on production IIS server, you will not catch the real problem.

Well, given the information we have, I am afraid this is the best we can do to try and help you at the moment. I really hope one of the directions above help!
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    Thanks for your response fabricio.murta..

We have tried multiple options, but it didn't work. As suggested by you in your response, our site is already working on independent appPool so no issues in that. I am afraid to loss my clients as the site is not working as expected since last 2 weeks. Before 2 weeks it was working fine, we also tried the same codebase on new server with 2012 windows, but same intermittent issues. When we run the application on local environment it is working fine. Can you suggest something here?
    Are you using IIS itself in local environment? Or just VS + IIS Express?..

It may be that your server got files corrupted and is making this. You may try running 'sfc' (system file checker), reinstalling services, and also running scandisk to check for general files' errors.

Also installing the website on a new server (not necessarily 2003) could be a good idea. I believe you can rent a dedicated host for a month, and see if it works on a new server.

By the way, if your answer for the first question in this post is "I use IIS -- not IIS Express -- on my development environment", then the easiest solution out of this trouble will definitely be moving to a new server and scraping this one (or formatting it). You can also leave it running in the temporary (new) server while you try and fix the current one. I believe it would take no more than two days to set up a new server and get back up and running. And you can find a good (not excellent) dedicated server for around USD 50 a month.

Unfortunately, with the information I have, all that I may suspect of is the server failing. To me it really looks like your app pool is being cut down in the middle of something (or everything) you do on the website. So, the system may be seriously compromised.

EDIT: seems I just skipped reading that you tried on a 2012 server and same problems. Well, it may be that you upgraded a library that shouldn't otherwise -- or you may have added a feature that is using too much resources from the app pool that gets reset frequently, you should look for means of monitoring your IIS worker process and app pools for limits, also carefully looking on your event logs + IIS logs may reveal important info about the problem.
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; Jan 19, 2016 at 6:56 PM.
    Fabrício Murta
    Developer & Support Expert
    No changes done by anyone.. The existing code which was working 4 weeks back suddenly stopped working. This is where everyone is confused and worried. We have tried all the options you have provided. I tried to upgrade with 2.0 or 2.5 ext.net, but didn't work as there are code changes required which we can't afford at this point. Is there anything we can try, any configuration changes or any change in ext.net configuration to improve the performance.

Thanks for all your responses.